Clutch modification ideas &help?

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Hey deah, rigs complete now my issue is I need an idea on mounting a socket or peg to the current clutch.
All metal, wood, and and plastic mounted my motor, spent less then 6 bucks making the bracket this time.

Here is short video of my clutch, what can I do to get them matted http://vid1293.photobucket.com/albu...2013/Mobile Uploads/VIDEO0032_zps55c887ac.mp4

I wanted to trim the tip down and see if I can drive a extra long peg on it that way I can drill it screwed in the shaft.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool, Sign!

Could tap and thread the shaft? Dunno. Would work and give you options of sizes ya could use.

Really like the idea of adjusting pressure down on the wheel, with a screw, if that is what ya are doing. Fine, fine tuning! LOL

All around, very cool!

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Very cool, Sign!

Could tap and thread the shaft? Dunno. Would work and give you options of sizes ya could use.

Really like the idea of adjusting pressure down on the wheel, with a screw, if that is what ya are doing. Fine, fine tuning! LOL

All around, very cool!
No the screw does not control pressure the tire and down force from the bracket control the friction. It's essentially a lift clutch with the lift ability removed. I need 2 door pumps before I can convert it back to lift.

It may be running today I am going to see if buckys wants to give away a free spot weld today for the peg. If so I'm firing her up today.

Soon as I am sure that I can smash out with it I am going to see if a bunch of the guys on here want to go take over the HOV LANE IN MY AREA LOL

Last edited:

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Awesome, Sign. Looking forward to seeing where your going with this.

LOL@ the HOV lane
Ya dang right lol at the lane Hov is also our bicycle lane here in WA. 2 OR MORE of course they are working on that new 3 to a car law.

Either way, it would be nice to fleet on the state for a Starbucks walk though event where everyone can show their rigs off.

Buckys please be spirited today cause I need a free quick spot weld lol. The shaft is beveled I believe which allows me to tap and die set to the ad the shaft.