Los Angeles Bike festival this Sunday!

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
on their FAQ's page there's this:

Are skateboarders allowed on the route?
Yes. Along with skates, rollerblades, etc… Basically anything without a motor. We ask that you participate responsibly by watching for other participants and by wearing a helmet.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
on their FAQ's page there's this:

Are skateboarders allowed on the route?
Yes. Along with skates, rollerblades, etc… Basically anything without a motor. We ask that you participate responsibly by watching for other participants and by wearing a helmet.
We need our own CicLAMotoVelo. No justice, no peace! Well ain't that a "b" with a capital B. LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
On second thought, after seeing some CicLAvia videos it wouldn't be good a good idea mixing motorized bicycles and bicyclists. They're moving way too slow and erratic. Maneuvering around or through them on a motorized bicycle would be a nightmare. There's just too many of them.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
CicLAvia is super packed!! It's extremely crowded with bicycles covering all lanes of Venice Bl on the west bound side... it isn't a good route for motorized bicycles; so we rode our bikes on the other side of Venice so we wouldn't be in all the slower bicycle traffic.

It's still a very kewl event to promote alternative forms of transportation & everyone loves the motorized bicycles. :)

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I saw a guy on on a bicycle who had to duck his head to get under the 405 overpass. He was being assisted by other bikers when he had to come to a stop. I estimate his seat height on his bike was well over 25 feet high. I think I saw a built-on ladder he used to reach his seat. LOL

By the time I got my camera ready he was too far gone.

Last edited: