Clever Bike Names

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
We had some names over the years from different teams, we'd never have been allowed on television. There was an all girls team from Middlesbrough, I'll leave it to you to work out what sort of Cycles they called themselves. One team had no idea what to call themselves, so the one with the pen wrote what he'd been told on the entry form. Phukty Pharno. Trust me, it got worse than that.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
My newest Cranbrook build I call Lil' Hussy. My three wheeled recumbent I call Tri-Baby, And I'm almost finished with a 24" wheel Goped build I'm calling FrankenPed. I don't have a pic of that one yet. I think ya gotta build her, (or him,) first, then you both decide on a name. Your new baby WILL help you decide.
fatdaddy.
Finally got some time to put into FrankenPed. I'm suprised at how well it rides and how fast it is. I'm guessing about 30mph, maybe a little better. And it gets off the line pretty good too.
Still gotta put a starter button on it and make it pretty, paint it up and such, But it's all there and hauls booty.
Heres a pic or two. Yep, FRANKENPED.
fatdaddy.

Attachments

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Finally got some time to put into FrankenPed. I'm suprised at how well it rides and how fast it is. I'm guessing about 30mph, maybe a little better. And it gets off the line pretty good too.
Still gotta put a starter button on it and make it pretty, paint it up and such, But it's all there and hauls booty.
Heres a pic or two. Yep, FRANKENPED.
fatdaddy.
hello fatdaddy congratulations, I love your bike, how she behaves in the hills? you is not pedals to help!

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Growing up with 50's tv and radio, I wanted to be one of those cowboys who jumped on his horse and rode the range, at will. That, the Lone Ranger and the Texas Rangers prompted me to name mine, Ranger. Not exactly "clever", but loads of meaning!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Growing up with 50's tv and radio, I wanted to be one of those cowboys who jumped on his horse and rode the range, at will. That, the Lone Ranger and the Texas Rangers prompted me to name mine, Ranger. Not exactly "clever", but loads of meaning!
Sounds very fitting for a motorized bicycle, since they can go just about anywhere.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
Ok, now for clever, not a secret, I like the old Pope motorcycles. Play on a favorite treat when I was a kid... Call a tribute bike: Pope-Sicle

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Moto Pope. Arlo Guthrie's motorcycle song. Replace "motorcycle" with "pope-sicle"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g266Uwp6ZnI

"I don't want a pickle
Just want to ride on my Pope-Sicle
And I don't want a tickle
'Cause I'd rather ride on my Pope-Sicle
And I don't want to die
Just want to ride on my Pope-Sicle............"

First time I have heard that song in ,,,gotta be decades. still cracks me up.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
My last bike was a 66cc china girl in a Walmart Huffy, which I named The Dark Rider. I took that bike as far as I was able to in terms of upgrades and safety, and she still let me down when she decided she didnt want to start one day. Rather than continuing to throw money at a bike that I had already spent well over a grand on, I decided to go non-kit. Built up an American made Schwinn frame with a 98cc minibike engine. Everything that I wanted out of my last bike and didn't get, I've found in my new bike. The old bike has been stripped apart and even the engine disassembled. I feel that the name The Dark Rider is more appropriate for my new bike than it was for my old bike. It may not be all that original, but I'm doing it anyway.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
hello fatdaddy congratulations, I love your bike, how she behaves in the hills? you is not pedals to help!
No peddles required on a go ped. Been riding it and it's hitting 28-30mph.
All that's required is a regular drivers license and a helmet in California. There's not many hills in San Jose, Ca. So NO PROBLEM.
fatdaddy.