Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
i know it is last minute
but jake of jake's customs just called me regarding a ride tommorow feb 16th

end of washington blvd beach parking lot 10 am
all comers fast or slow welcome

should be atleast 6 riders

ride safe
Expect more of these as the weather goes back and forth the next couple few months. If the weather's good- expect a ride to pop up. planning a week in advance for a Sunday Ride this time of year generally results in a cold somewhat rainy ride. So, Last Minute Rides, or "LMR's" from Jake's Customs will be happenin'.
Today meet at 10am venice pier. 10:30 we leave to redondo pier via the beach. lunch at Hemingways. If you're anywhere along the way, join us as we roll by. taking the coast route and lower PCH. See ya there!

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles
I rode to the shack from the pier than bailed and went back. Glad I did because fuel pump on my truck went out on the way home and would have hated to fix that after all day of riding. Great weather tho.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
a great ride
sorry to hear about your fuel pump blake

ccc your rides rock as compared to the china crowd but
how do you know if you did not miss anything if you did not do the ride????

one riders magneto went out after an all out 2 mile run or so then a hill climb to the gas station at the end of dockweiler
jake had an extra magneto so after a quick change that rider was back up but then when jake went to warm up his, bike would not start-- after checking a number of things his MAGNETO had gone out as well so after removing his engine sprocket chain he had a nice few miles to pedal back to his vehicle but the bikinis were out in force so the scenery was particularly pleasing

someone who can rewind/rebuild the china magnetos could surely make some money$$$$ with a solid magneto for the china girls

cruised to redondo and a beautiful park at the end of redondo /start of torrance
mirador del playa???

then returned to the redondo pier for a snack

the group split off and picked up two new riders at the pier
ate and rode back north on dockweiler
some riders split off at imperial and driz and i cruised to jefferson where he split off to head home and i continued to my vehicle at washington near the start point

a great ride-- the real thing--- the break downs prove to me to be an opportunity to learn so much
thanks guys
driz had pointed out to me and i did it ---simply by removing the bottom cap of the stock kit exhaust pipe though a little bit louder it made my bike run much!!!! stronger and much more responsive

ride'm cowboy
ride safe

Last edited:

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Thanks for showing up guys! what an epic day for a ride! 81*, sunny, no wind, and plenty of bikinis! Awesome day aside from the magneto monster. Jeezus. what a deal. Lesson learned- always have an extra mag and plug on you! Glad I had the extra one. shoulda had an extra two. (unless 15 miles of pedaling into the wind uphill on a 70lb bike sounds like your particular brand of whimsy).

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
a great ride
sorry to hear about your fuel pump blake

ccc your rides rock as compared to the china crowd but
how do you know if you did not miss anything if you did not do the ride????

one riders magneto went out after an all out 2 mile run or so then a hill climb to the gas station at the end of dockweiler
jake had an extra magneto so after a quick change that rider was back up but then when jake went to warm up his, bike would not start-- after checking a number of things his MAGNETO had gone out as well so after removing his engine sprocket chain he had a nice few miles to pedal back to his vehicle but the bikinis were out in force so the scenery was particularly pleasing

someone who can rewind/rebuild the china magnetos could surely make some money$$$$ with a solid magneto for the china girls

cruised to redondo and a beautiful park at the end of redondo /start of torrance
mirador del playa???

then returned to the redondo pier for a snack

the group split off and picked up two new riders at the pier
ate and rode back north on dockweiler
some riders split off at imperial and driz and i cruised to jefferson where he split off to head home and i continued to my vehicle at washington near the start point

a great ride-- the real thing--- the break downs prove to me to be an opportunity to learn so much
thanks guys
driz had pointed out to me and i did it ---simply by removing the bottom cap of the stock kit exhaust pipe though a little bit louder it made my bike run much!!!! stronger and much more responsive

ride'm cowboy
ride safe
I'm so darned ready for another ride! but the shop is now overflowing with bikes so it dont look like I'm going anywhere anytime soon!