This is priceless episode II

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Allen Wrench, heard of a wood burning vehicle but your right I have to live to see one.

How are you feeling?

Steve.
I'm feeling pretty good. I'm walking mostly without a cane now, haven't used crutches in a while, but I keep the cane at hand because of all the snow and ice.
And I'm back to work on the Higgins build. And I can assure anyone reading this that it will be far more beautiful and functional than what we saw at the beginning of this thread. I have a sense of pride and a reputation to think of.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
sorry guys it was me

i just love the looks of hose clamps something about them just makes me feel good i couldnt help to put the exaust pointing up cause i thought the guy was such a doop for paying me ahead that he deserved it also i was being lazy

as for the rear mounts yeah i was drinking a little bit and just stuffed the old inner tube in to make it look nice and have sound dampening technology

i do regret the rear pully though it was in fine shape un till i crashed on the first test ride ( drinking )

but all in all i think its a safe ride the hose clamps are n.a.s.a. certified space clamps so im sure they will hold up fine to some wild vibration

as far as wrapping the cdi wires around the down tube well i thought it would look pretty

im just joking guys that build is a travesty something about that makes me think made in china but i think even the chinese bike builders have more sense than that i have never seen such a crude attempt to motorize a bicycle

really i dont think anyone could have done a worse job

when i first saw the pics i thought it was like a joke or something sad sad stuff whats even more sad is the fact that the guy paid for this death trap

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
i spent quite some time in korea......
the most abundant 'transportation' are bikes/motorbikes...... mainly they are 49/50cc 2-strokes from china.
they rarely have a kit and are built from scratch. there are dozens of install variations but all are sanitary, stable and reliable. the koreans take pride in their work and i have seldom seen a breakdown. of course with the very heavy pedestrian congestion they cant do much more the about 15mph.... lol
i have seen them running on kerosene, diesel fuel and even salad oil
the assortment of throtel and clutch arrangements are astounding.
i wish i had taken some pictures....

stay dry
gubba

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Guy should have sued. I know it's not popular but in this case it needed to be done. Show those pictures to a judge and the next sound you'd hear is the slam of a gavel and a booming voice, "Pay the man back!"

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Looks like he was just warming up......a mock-up of the "Worlds Sloppiest Build". He couldn't have chosen a better bike to ruin......that poor thing looks awesomely nasty....needs a couple pints of super glue laff

dnut

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
im guilty of my stupidty on my first build when i was say 15 now im 23 my big mistake not useing loctite now on my truck i had a wireing problem coulnt figure it out for days kept poping a fuse drove me crazy i doodle the dilemia on a post it to my freind he said realy had me look at it for a minute and the problem was as clear as day to me then doh but this build this guy made took some thinking in the whole wrong direction i mean 10 sec on google and you have a detailed build for you to use with pics and all

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
im guilty of my stupidty on my first build when i was say 15 now im 23 my big mistake not useing loctite now on my truck i had a wireing problem coulnt figure it out for days kept poping a fuse drove me crazy i doodle the dilemia on a post it to my freind he said realy had me look at it for a minute and the problem was as clear as day to me then doh but this build this guy made took some thinking in the whole wrong direction i mean 10 sec on google and you have a detailed build for you to use with pics and all
Dang, that was hard to understand and read.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Messin' around with these bikes I get to see a lot of cobblers' messes. Most of them aren't worth discussing...but once in awhile I run across one that is worth showing.

This customer drove all the way over from Orlando Saturday. He bought an Occ chopper and then , (unknowingly), paid some cobbler $325.00 to put an engine on it.

If this doesn't make you laugh...you have NO sense of humor. I have no idea how this guy could have, in good conscience, built this.

Some people like JB weld, some people like duct tape...this guy loves large hose clamps!!!

The clutch cable is so bound-up, (form numerous kinks), that it is nearly impossible to pull the clutch lever. The throttle cable is also bound-up...cruise control...laff

To ride this thing...you would have to be prepared to change clothes every few miles, as the genius has the exhaust pipe pointing upward so that the rider can enjoy the full flavor of the ride.

The motor mount set-up is beyond comprehension. The chain/tensioner arrangement is also a disaster...the chain is running across one of the brake arms.

If you missed episode I...Here it is.

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/priceless-14804.html

Jim
I would of liked to see the after pics. Bet it came out nice and the guy still rides it every day.brnot

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
Hey I'm New to theses forums but what is the definition of a cobbler I don't think it has anything to do with a mechnic or am I mistken i always thought a Cobbler worked with leather??????I know that you learn something every day so i'm ready

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
A cobbler is actually a shoemaker, but can also be used as a slang derogatory term - to "cobb" something together, inferring it could have been done better and/or it was "cobbed" as in the "cobbler" just made do with what was at hand. ;)

Last edited:

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
well you see i didn't know that! i just knew the basic so as i said before always willing to learn!!! so thanks BARELYWAKE for my first new piece of knowledge OF THE NEW YEAR,,,, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
I see, I have a brother thats a cobbler the only one in this little town in Mississsssippi i don't think theres too many people doing that these days but it's good work He's constantly complaining he has too much i tell hs's blessed with the way things are now...

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
I was 11 years old when I apprenticed as a gunsmith- that was 1965. In those years I have seen many an attempt at a repair that I referred to as the work of a 'gun plumber', ie, one who considers a stilson wrench as the right tool to pull a barrel off a reciever. There have been many 'trophies' among them, including more than a few that breached and caused bodily harm. I have seen barrels bedded with rope and scotch tape, replacement springs boogered out of paperclips, semi-automatics 'refinished' with a spray can of paint (while assembled) and worse- THIS... pretty much has me topped, I think, mostly because even the local inbred hillbillys know better than to find it acceptable... and they know NOTHING about motorbikes! Cobbled, eh? Like that term, it'll be part of my regular vocabulary from here out.
the Old Sgt.usflg

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I used to hear about a Cobb Job from the Scottish furniture refinisher I learned from and one day I asked him if he knew where that saying came from.

He asked if I had ever seen a dry corn cob after it had been shelled. Yep. Well this job is so poorly done it's as rough as a dry corn cob.

When I was learning to become a cook, the cooks were mostly eastern European and if you messed up you were called a shoe maker. About as bad as it got for them.

Steve.