extended exhaust question?

GoldenMotor.com

Derks420

May 30, 2010
Central New Jersey
i was wondering the same thing. Im either goin to get a street poo poo pipe or a SBP Expansion Chamber. I know the expansion chamber will give me a little more power but the poo poo pipe will fit my bike great! Does the pipe effect the power or speed?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It makes your bike run like..........poo poo?

I seriously don't know, but how did they come up with that name???

I would think they perform pretty much like the stock kit pipes, although those vary even though most look the same...

If you really want performance and noise is not an issue, get a chamber. If you want some stealthness and long chrome stylish pipe, go poo poo!

Last edited:

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ

upsrogue

Jul 14, 2009
Arizona
Hi, I made an extened pipe that looks very much the same as the one on ebay, just not all that much chrome.
I used electrial conduit and put the stock muffler just below the rear wheel axle. I did not notice any change in anything, although I don't ever check for mileage, so I can't say on that.

It does'nt make it less noisey it just changes the direction and does make it a little nicer.
The only thing I would do in design change would be, the end of my stock muffler was about 2 to 3 inches from the rear part of the wheel, and as a result it spatters unburnt fuel and oil all over the rim and makes a big mess. I would just make the extention about 4" longer. And so if I was buying one like the one mentioned I would make sure "it" was long enough to omit this problem. Good luck.

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
I would'nt get that poo poo pipe,for 20 bucks more then what they want for that poo poo pipe, you could get an SBP Expansion Chamber which is waaaay better.thats just my 2cents.Randy

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Pat is wanting one for a 4stroke build,,,
an expansion pipe is not gonna do anything for him ;)
When I originally posted this thread I was thinking 'bout my 2 strokes. But since, have had a change of heart. Im goin 4 stroke dance1 and selling the 2 strokes, so no need for the expansion chamber anymore.

Thanks guys,

Pat

Last edited:

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Thanks for all the input guys, so ill forget about the poo poo poo poo. I actually found a nice pipe with chamber and dual exhaust for a 49 cc pocket bike...Think it would look good?
It sure would. It would take some cutting and re-welding. Maybe you could have one exhaust outlet on each side of the bike. Now that would be cool. Good find

Pat

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah, it would probably look and work ok on a 2-stroke, but an expansion chamber on a 4-stroke won't......period! Work, that is.

A performance pipe for a 4-stroke is optimally a straight pipe or a straight pipe into a reverse cone megaphone configuration. Or a straight pipe into a super-trapp....

This is just the way it is....for now.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
A "chamber" will work on a four stroke, it just won't add any power or do anything but funnel the exhaust away from your leg. It would keep people guessing though. :)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well......I have seen some four stroke Chinese scooters come from the factory with expansion chambers on them. They run fine, but there is no advantage to using one on a four stroke.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well......I have seen some four stroke Chinese scooters come from the factory with expansion chambers on them. They run fine, but there is no advantage to using one on a four stroke.
You got that right Joe.....I wouldn't even think about running an expansion chamber on my own 4-stroke, but I am experimenting with a baffled 2-stroke pipe on a 4-stroke....not much difference really.

Cheers!

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I recently saw a home-made car muffler that the inside was spiral,like an auger bit,it seemed to work pretty well for a flow through type pipe,quieter that a glass-pac

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
I've got the same or similar pipe, and have wrapped it with header/exhaust tape and it performs excellently!! the pipe tape added a good 1 1/2-2 horseys at least!
the stock pipe never fit my bike, the expansions just look dumb, and the doody pipe is great with the wrapping!

Attachments