New project, searching for frame (somewhere in EU...)

GoldenMotor.com

BoardtrackNewb

Jun 23, 2010
Thessaloniki,Greece
Hello everybody,

I am really new to this, but also really ambitious. I am searching for a worksman style frame in a european online store. This is due to the very strict customs here in Greece (I might end up paying double the amount if I buy from a U.S. store, unless the price is lower, or appears lower than 40 usd). I found this frame recently and I consider buying it. I like the double bar.

http://www.classic-cycle.de/en/Fram...tion-for-Board-Tracker-Cruiser-Bikes-raw.html

...but I don't like the possition of the pedals and the lower-cruiser like arch (it's going to be hard to modify it into a loop frame).

Please share your opinions with me.
Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I think it's a unique frame that'd lend itself well to the boardtrack look, almost a droploop frame w/o modification (picture is crooked) & outa be nicely low given the rear chainstays & dropout style... but a challenging build (engine mount location) without a doubt.

... the top bars would make for a really interesting tank shape too *shrug*

BoardtrackNewb

Jun 23, 2010
Thessaloniki,Greece
Classic Cycle Double Action Board tracker frame

Thank you for your opinion on the frame. I'm still concerned about the pedal placement. Do you think it's going to be an easy fix? I would like to move it back a few inches. Is ST52 good for welding? I did some research and found out it is standard structural carbon steel. I have very little welding experience, but a friend is going to help. See the photoshop mock-up bellow-->

Attachments

Last edited:

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Well the frame mod to move the bottom bracket shouldnt be so difficult.. Just get a donor bike and chop of the BB from it and cut and weld it in place..
A good place to put it would be on top of the tube connecting chainstays with the seat tube..
It could be a really good looking bike without to much work on the frame, but i feel that it depends a lot on what details and parts you work into the bike.. Just a motor and a stock tank wouldt look that good.
Personaly i think a dual crown fork would look good on it, less rake and a more agressive stance up front..