300 motorcycles and 1 motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Joind in on a veterns rally for the moving wall ceremony. They got a kick out of my motorized bicycle (OCC Stingray).
A few good natured jokes about lawnmowers and chainsaws. Rode throught the city about 5mi. and streets were blocked off as we reached them. Max speed was about 35, so had no problem holding my place. Was a fun day.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Re: 300 motorcycles and 1 MB

Awesome Russell. Looks like a blast.

Always find MC guys to be great fun. "Race for pinks?" "I'd have beat ya, but my clutch slipped" "Hey, thats my weed whacker!!!" Always cracks me up.

Hey, gonna set up another CT ride soon. Hope ya can make it

Oysterville

Apr 20, 2010
Ocean Park, WA

Always find MC guys to be great fun. "Race for pinks?" "I'd have beat ya, but my clutch slipped" "Hey, thats my weed whacker!!!" Always cracks me up.
A woman I work with has a 2008-ish Mustang, and offered to race me and my MB. I agreed, saying that we'd both start with about a quart of gas and I set the finish line about 10 miles up the road. I thought that I was generous in giving her a 5 minute head start.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Har, lol Oyster.

Struggling with my first Chinagirl I had a the thought of some day ridding up to a light next to some really tricked out, sweet Harley and was expecting at the least a dismissive look. Turns out it's always a grin, nod or thumbs up. The local one percent-ers all wave. (Think I've raced bar stools with em all at one time or another)They very often give advise on different things and are always spot on. Surprised me that spandex clad folks more often make me want to dismount and take my teeth out, snork.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota

Pretty cool, Russell...
It feels like you were there for the rest of us MBers. Thanks for sharing this. Thanks for serving.
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Thanks for sharing, Russell.
That had to be fun. I recall reading another member's post, way back, where he got into an engine reving contest with a Harley at some event. He said it got a lot of laughs.
I too have found the MC crowd, especially the Harley dudes, to be really friendly on the road. They're always ready with a thumb up or a smile and wave. The rice/crotch rocket bunch aren't always so cordial...but, hey. So what? Thanks again.
Tom