Mini Chopper

GoldenMotor.com

moosinatrix

Sep 2, 2009
Houston, TX
I just got this 110cc 4 stroke 4 speed pocket bike motor for my mini chopper.
all i got was the engine, no carb/exhaust or electronics outside of the starter and regular wires from the motor.

I was wondering if i could use my electronics (CDI, ignition box, etc.), carb & intake manifold from the 50cc engine currently on it. I havef looked at many of the electronics online for this engine and it seems like the electronics for the 50cc engines are good up to 125cc.

anyways i dont know much about this motor other then i google to model number stamped into it beneith the shifter (XYA152FMH-050307472) and everything points in the direction of it being 110cc and powerful.

any information about this engine would be greatly appreciated. As well as does it charge a battery and top speed.

will post pics as soon as i can

edit: the port sizes on the head appear to be the same.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Is your engine CDI set up 2 or 3 wires? The Chinabuilt "CDI" is a 2 wire unit. I think you'd be better off finding the stuff that goes with your engine, including the carb.

The engine is a Honda clone, a Lifan, right?
The right parts are easy and plentiful to come by. ebay will have all you'll ever need for not too much money, just have a little patients.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Even if it's not a Lifan, it is still a Honda clone and 99% of all the parts are interchangable.

If it's of older manufacture (say 2008 or older) you may have some problems with the valve stem seals leaking and making the engine smoke. Other than that, not a horrible engine.