Cranbrook cruiser walmart special help with Sprocket install?

GoldenMotor.com

matrixman2005

Aug 4, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
I can't get the bolt loose on the coaster brake. The left side of the rear wheel has the coaster brake lever that has to stay screwed to the frame!!! Its driving me crazy i can't get it off so i can put on my sprocket anyone else have this problem?

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
With the wheel off the bike you can put a piece of pipe over arm. Then take nut off. its on tight. try not to turn the arm as it holds the cone nut. Would not hurt to grease it up good. But once again becareful about the cone nut.
Spin the wheel to see how tight they should be. if the sprocket does not fit you will need to make it the hole larger. Dremel works well. Put sprocket in vice and take a bit off at a time. You can use a file or take it to a machine shop. Whats fun with that. It easy if your patient. Might search for better explanitons. Good luck ! Sounds like your almost there.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
you have to loosen the coaster brake arm nut while its on the bike,thats so the arm doesnt move when u turn the nut. after its loosened then you can take the wheel off the bike and the arme will come off easy since the nut is loose. and i left the dust cap off so the sprocket would fit on the hub perfect with no mods.