Kent Glendale CS anyone done one?

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
When I went to see my brother yesterday he had one of these sitting in his garage (daughter's BF left it and now she's claimed it) and the first thing I thought of was wow a full suspension AND room for a motor! If I wasn't already planning my next build I think I'd do this bike.

Second thought was too bad the frame's aluminum because I'd hack off the rear and put it on my cruiser! lol

Wally World has them for $99 and here's some good close up pictures from another site.

Kent Glendale 26 Men's Bike - Kent Glendale 26 Men's Bike - Photo_070408_001

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The Dtube looks screwy... but for $100 it may well be worth an experiment!

My Walmart is lame - it has no such bike :( I'd love to chop that un up and "custom" the one I have tho, they're both aluminum...

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
dont use that bike,it might be good for the tires and other parts,but get a diffrent bike,trust me.and get one with more space in the frame and without rear suspension.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Cabinfever - I can see your concern about the frame shape and the potential lack of space, but wassup with "without a rear suspension"?

Seems to me that a rear suspension is a "Holy Grail" of sorts for the chinagirl crowd, this is one of the few that doesn't intrude into where the engine sits... While it's true this is an el-cheapo Walmart bike, I was idly wondering if it would be worth the effort to chop it up - using the rear suspension on an extra aluminum frame I have.

I'd imagine the "other parts" would be just as shoddy as any other $100 WallyWorld bike, the suspension the only thing worth salvaging should the whole bike not be used o_O

huffy-davidson

Jan 30, 2013
florida
no rear shock!!! it will make the chain to tighten and loosen as it moves with the road surface, over time you will snap motor mounts and chains more and more often trust me i have been down that road worst mistake ever, if you still wanna try and can make to work without these problems that is awesome and i am sure many here will like to know how you did it

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
The only way it would work is if you use a jackshaft.Thats if it will fit.It would be more trouble than its worth.Crap bike