L.E.D Flashers

GoldenMotor.com

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI All,

One item that I feel I can't do without are my L.E.D flashers that I got from Wal Mart.....Heck it even came with headlight.....I use the flashers even during the daytime.....I figure a little extra safety / visibility is a good thing!

The brand I got was "Schwinn" and it cost about $15.00.....Next to a helmet I believe this is one of the most important things you can have.

Have fun and ride safe!

Andrew

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI Dan,

Yes, that is the type I am talking about (red flashing L.E.D)....heck even has several different flashing patterns to choose from....I thought about putting one up front but would remove the red lens so it would flash white (probably not technically legal to have a flashing red light up front)....Flashing yellow would be nice but doesn't come that way...I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to rig up something tho..

Andrew

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have a headlight and rear tail light on the way from hong kong probably next year but I plan to hook them to the bike system if the 6volts don't blow the tail light

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The six volt blew the lights by the way. But I do have the flasher from walmart on the rear behind the seat. I use it when I remember.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I just got my Hong Kong Special (haha) light in the mail a couple of days ago and even though its cheap plastic & fugly... what do you expect for under $10 (shipping included) I was pleasantly surprised how bright this 54 LED light is. It almost as bright as a HID light.

It has 4 settings: 9 LED, 24 LED, 54 LED and 54 LED flashing.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
That light is a lot bigger than I thought they would be. If it flashes it will help even in the daytime though some folks aren't going to act like they see you even when they do.