This should NOT have happened!

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Ok people, I'm shaking my head over this. A neighbors kid has a cast on her leg because she was hit by a car with a teen age driver at the wheel. The girl driving the car did not see her (she was on the sidewalk) and pulled into the kids path because she could not see the child BECAUSE she has 10 lbs of junk hanging from the rear view mirror of her car! It caused a blind spot and she knocked the child down. If you have this stuff on your car please take it off the mirror. It could have been much worse.:crash: Later Tramp(c)

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
Right on brother. This very thing has annoyed me for years, its a car not a fashion statement.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I'm confused...someone was driving on the sidewalk? I don't get it.

It's not the crap hanging from the mirror that caused the accident. People in general, teenagers especially, are dumb. Plain and simple. People do stupid things. I'm sorry I just don't have a lot of faith in society any more. better start learning to peel a banana with your feet, cause that's where society is headed.

I will agree though, take that crap off the mirror, and don't let your teenage drivers put any on there. Another suggestion is don't let your teenager drive, or at least make them pass an IQ test before getting a drivers license. I honestly think getting a drivers license in this country is too easy. They need to include more than just whether or not you can memorize the driving manual. I'd recommend a mandatory visit to a psychiatrist and having them approve before you can even take your driving test.

Ok sorry I went a little off tangent there. I'm done ranting, it won't happen again (today).

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
I'm only 28 yrs old and I honestly think a good part of the problem is the parents out there. It seems like more and more parents don't take the time to teach there kids anything. I personally started learning to drive when I was 8 yrs old, open pastures and dirt roads. My dad took be out and let me drive the old '78 chevy every couple three weeks. I'm not saying all parents are bad I'm just saying the T.V is doing a lot more educating. One major thing parents are forgetting to teach there kids is MANORS and RESPECT, I'm only 10-12 years older then some of these kids and not a single on of my friends acts or ever acted like kids do these days. I think that the laws are part of the problem, they have parents and teachers hands tied and the kids know that so they can get away with so much more then they should. Ok I'm done for now.

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
yeah my one year old is going to be raised old school, the way I was. a lot of love but also a lot of discipline.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
learning starts in the high chair not the electric chair! parents need to be more involved with their children!!!! and as far as the rear view mirror goes , I've seen plenty of cars with crap hanging all over them (like a mardi gras festival) and in IL. it supposed to be illegal but society now days lets people get away with murder. the justice system is backward and corrupt.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
I live in a small quiet town of Conway Arkansas, population 50K. I live in a nice quiet subdivision, very deep into the subdivision I might add. Yesterday, while I was working in my front flower bed, I heard the squeeling tires I had heard for several months. I knew exactly what was coming: a punk kid (16~18) in his old silver F150 going WAY too fast in the subdivision, taking the 90 degree corners at probably 30mph. Well, my 6 year old son was out front riding his bike and so I did what any goodfather would do. I rushed into the street and put myself in the path of the oncoming pickup. I wasn't thinking too straight at the time, I just didn't want this guy to drive by. As he rounded the corner near my house, he ran a stop sign 20 yards from where my son was. I flipped out and just about jumped on the hood of the punks truck just to get him to stop. And after a 5 minute tongue lashing, I let him go. Of course, he sped off. So that really ticked me off, and I ran in and grabbed my keys and tracked him to his house (where I had a nice long conversation with his mom). I also filed a police report and had one of my cop buddies drop in on the residence later that night for another tongue lashing.

I hope I never see him around my house again. Fact is, he doesn't even live in my area, just drives through my subdivision as a shortcut.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
When I was a kid we had a teenage driver that drove through our neighborhood at a high rate of speed on a regular basis. My dad stopped him one day and told him the next time he sped by the house he was going to take out his appendix, free of charge and on the spot. It sure slowed the guy down....................

Joshua

Jun 8, 2008
usa
Mrlarkins, I wish more people out there would handle situations that way, one kid at a time. Maybe someday it will make a difference in there lives. If I ever have a parent come to my house I will be glad to here how my son is acting not just jump on my kids side.

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
We have those large speed Bumps 2 sets and i'll bet these guys think they rae evilkenival ramps the way they hit them at 35+ and the noise that comes from thier frams is excrutiating.....On the 4th of july we had one such idiot and I stopped hima nd told him how the cow ate the cabbage. i was Pissed becouse not only were my kids out there but 1/2 the neibourhood was out playing firworks there alot of under 10s with sparklers. He has since slowed way down at least when i'm out front.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
My kids don't get their licenses until they can safely parallel park their car. My son showed this to me and he has his license now since he turned 16. He's 20 now no tickets no accidents.
My daughter is 17 no license because she hasn't shown me yet she could parallel park. The road test is so easy anyone can pass. They don't have to execute a parallel park move to the tester. I think that is ridiculous.
One thing I always watch out for is when I cross a busy street is that guy on the far end about to make a no stop right turn. If you are about to get in his path he cannot see you because of the A pillar blocking his view of you between his windshield and right window. I always take crossing streets slow.

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Depends on where you're at. I had to parallel park in Phoenix to get my license, which was odd since parallel parking in Phoenix is a rarity. I just went to the DMV on a Sunday and practiced in their little parallel parking setup.

Whenever I have kids and they are ready to get their licenses, I'm going to make them wait till I'm sure they're not idiots.

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
I live in a small quiet town of Conway Arkansas, population 50K. I live in a nice quiet subdivision, very deep into the subdivision I might add. Yesterday, while I was working in my front flower bed, I heard the squeeling tires I had heard for several months. I knew exactly what was coming: a punk kid (16~18) in his old silver F150 going WAY too fast in the subdivision, taking the 90 degree corners at probably 30mph. Well, my 6 year old son was out front riding his bike and so I did what any goodfather would do. I rushed into the street and put myself in the path of the oncoming pickup. I wasn't thinking too straight at the time, I just didn't want this guy to drive by. As he rounded the corner near my house, he ran a stop sign 20 yards from where my son was. I flipped out and just about jumped on the hood of the punks truck just to get him to stop. And after a 5 minute tongue lashing, I let him go. Of course, he sped off. So that really ticked me off, and I ran in and grabbed my keys and tracked him to his house (where I had a nice long conversation with his mom). I also filed a police report and had one of my cop buddies drop in on the residence later that night for another tongue lashing.

I hope I never see him around my house again. Fact is, he doesn't even live in my area, just drives through my subdivision as a shortcut.
And if you had done that in the UK at the moment you would have ended up stabbed or worse. Dont confront people like that - its not worth it. Get the licence number etc and call the police, guy in the UK recently got killed in front of his two teenage daughters because kids were throwing bottles at cars, including his. The weapon used? a 90lb teen or three stamping on his head!

By all means follow him and talk to the police - but dont try and confront that sort of person, you can never be sure what they will do.

Jemma xx

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Update on the little girl. She has a cracked leg bone, not broken(^) She will be on crutches for a couple of weeks. The young lady that was driving the car has been suspended from operating a car on apartment property for six months. The owner of the place said if she don't like it his grounds people will help her move. Her car is not to be driven on the property by her period. We had a kid like MrLarkin had, but he took a diffrent approach. He saw the punk coming picked up a 1 lb coffee can and threw the can of roofing nails into the street. He then explained to the young man that if he drove at a high rate of speed by our home again that cars DO catch fire day OR night. To drive it home he relit his cigar. The kid drove real slow after that. Were having a party right now:D It's called Dollyrotfl From Corpus Christi, Tx Later Tramp(c)

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
When my kids were growing up I beat them once a day even if I didn't know what it was for they did.
Really, spare the rod and ruein the kid. For those who think spanking the children is wrong then skank them instead.rotfl

one more. spanking a kid on the butt won't hurt becides the butt is already cracked.:rolleyes: