79cc predator governor removal

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Does anyone know what size bolts are used to plug the holes once the governor is removed......the hole that the pivot arm was in and the hole behind the flywheel where the pin was that held the gear?

Thanks

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
Mike when I did mine I cut what was sticking out of the plastic gov piece, and tapped it back in, Then on the top hole I used JB Weld putty, and put a bolt in there and putty'd it on the top and bottom - it's not coming out very easy. I'll get another picture of the top.

Attachments

Last edited:

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks guy. I have to work a few hours tomorrow and was going to bring in the engine. We have every tap and drill known to man. I was just wondering if someone knew off the top of their head.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
i am just courious guys how fast does the 79cc run ?? and can u run one say 30 or 35 for several hours.
I've had the 79's cruising at 35-40mph all day long. My 99cc is much the same with the gearing being the same, it just pulls harder and gets you there faster. Yes....for hours on end!

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks guys. I already have the governor removed. Came out with no issues. I was simply inquiring if anyone knew of the top of their head the bolt size for the holes so I could just tap it and slap in a bolt. I'm sure I could have figured it out real quick like CCC mentioned, but I just gots a lots happening right now is all.......my mind is like a cross btwn a chicken with its head cut off and a one-legged man in an a$$ kicking contest!