Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors



Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8751  
Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM
xseler's Avatar
xseler xseler is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 2,500
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Re-jetted the carb, new fuel line, swapped my mountain bike handlebars to a more upright style, and took it on a 20 mile 'test ride'.

__________________
You're never lost until you run outa gas.
Reply With Quote
  #8752  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:29 AM
Dan's Avatar
Dan Dan is offline
Staff
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Moosylvania
Posts: 11,931
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
I checked on my bike today and discovered my back tire had a flat. My eyes are old; I'm surprised I found the hole to patch it.

I bought a cheap helmet cam to record my rides or leave it in our car:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Camer...0AAOSw9GhYfzI-
That looks purty cool, 5-7. I've been wanting one and the price is right. Are ya gonna post some vids?
__________________
worst apocalypse ever
=============================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Reply With Quote
  #8753  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:44 AM
5-7HEAVEN 5-7HEAVEN is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,082
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
That looks purty cool, 5-7. I've been wanting one and the price is right. Are ya gonna post some vids?
Oh yeah!
__________________
Honolulu HI, where EVERY day is fit to ride!
Reply With Quote
  #8754  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:47 AM
Dan's Avatar
Dan Dan is offline
Staff
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Moosylvania
Posts: 11,931
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
Tell us about the hit.
Yes, please!? ya OK, MBnoob!? Danm, hate to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
More members should chime in on this thread daily. It's interesting to read what everyone's doing with their motorized bike.
Me too! I also really enjoy the little snippets in to folk's lives. I dunno the dumb stuff about work, ride in or what ever. I keep asking for a sort of facebook like section. Some really interesting people into our crazy. Seriously, we are a group of like minded people who take perfectly good bicycles and strap motors and engines on 'em. I dunno how many go to events like rallies/group rides but some really fascinating people are into this. No kidding, from NASA and DD rocket scientists to the ackin' back, gun rack with dress work boots to PHDs show up at get togethers. I honestly don't know of another "hobby" that attracts such a broad spectrum.
(WTH should we call this? Hobby just don't sound right)

Also, and just an update but we are getting brandy new, super forum software. I dunno when but is really cool and easier to use.
__________________
worst apocalypse ever
=============================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Reply With Quote
  #8755  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:49 AM
Dan's Avatar
Dan Dan is offline
Staff
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Moosylvania
Posts: 11,931
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
Oh yeah!

Cool! Looking forward to seeing em, 5-7!
__________________
worst apocalypse ever
=============================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Reply With Quote
  #8756  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:04 AM
MEASURE TWICE MEASURE TWICE is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,920
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

I like to see how well the videos on your camera look using various FPS in the resolutions 1080.

https://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-Origina...jcam+4000+wifi

Above shows specs from a seller on Amazon of what I have. Probably different seller but same item I have. It was about 70 dollars about 4 years ago. I got extra charged batteries and keep those an extra flash memory on hand just cause I feel I could just record a whole day of riding, and upload later.

Seems that I have always left the resolution on the Original SJCAM 4000 WiFi I have, in 30 FPS. It is on 1920 x 1080 resolution using 30 FPS.

I just only noticed that I can run faster at 60 FPS that probably is going to help my Off Road Trail Riding Videos that some are just too bouncy to bother looking at unfortunately.

The draw back on this camera is that if I go to 60 FPS then it has to go down to 1280 x 720 Resolution. Giving up maybe for some grainyness for less bouncing look?

Will try it out next time I'm out.

Looking at the specs of your camera from the link you gave, you have this:

------------------------

Resolution of video recorded


4K 25FPS

2.7K 30FPS

1080P (1920*1080 ) 60FPS / 30FPS

720P (1280*720) 120FPS

------------------

https://vimeo.com/203968501 Flat Dirt Road still hard to view as bouncing

Last edited by MEASURE TWICE; 04-20-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8757  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 AM
5-7HEAVEN 5-7HEAVEN is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,082
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEASURE TWICE View Post
I like to see how well the videos on your camera look using various FPS in the resolutions 1080.

https://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-Origina...jcam+4000+wifi

Above shows specs from a seller on Amazon of what I have. Probably different seller but same item I have. It was about 70 dollars about 4 years ago. I got extra charged batteries and keep those an extra flash memory on hand just cause I feel I could just record a whole day of riding, and upload later.

Seems that I have always left the resolution on the Original SJCAM 4000 WiFi I have, in 30 FPS. It is on 1920 x 1080 resolution using 30 FPS.

I just only noticed that I can run faster at 60 FPS that probably is going to help my Off Road Trail Riding Videos that some are just too bouncy to bother looking at unfortunately.

The draw back on this camera is that if I go to 60 FPS then it has to go down to 1280 x 720 Resolution. Giving up maybe for some grainyness for less bouncing look?

Will try it out next time I'm out.

Looking at the specs of your camera from the link you gave, you have this:

------------------------

Resolution of video recorded


4K 25FPS

2.7K 30FPS

1080P (1920*1080 ) 60FPS / 30FPS

720P (1280*720) 120FPS

------------------

https://vimeo.com/203968501 Flat Dirt Road still hard to view as bouncing
Too technical for me.

LOL, MEASURE TWICE, I can barely navigate the "Net and turn my cellphone on!

I'll ask my son to set it up and download for me.
__________________
Honolulu HI, where EVERY day is fit to ride!
Reply With Quote
  #8758  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:12 AM
5-7HEAVEN 5-7HEAVEN is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,082
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Yes, please!? ya OK, MBnoob!? Danm, hate to hear!



Me too! I also really enjoy the little snippets in to folk's lives. I dunno the dumb stuff about work, ride in or what ever. I keep asking for a sort of facebook like section. Some really interesting people into our crazy. Seriously, we are a group of like minded people who take perfectly good bicycles and strap motors and engines on 'em. I dunno how many go to events like rallies/group rides but some really fascinating people are into this. No kidding, from NASA and DD rocket scientists to the ackin' back, gun rack with dress work boots to PHDs show up at get togethers. I honestly don't know of another "hobby" that attracts such a broad spectrum.
(WTH should we call this? Hobby just don't sound right)

Also, and just an update but we are getting brandy new, super forum software. I dunno when but is really cool and easier to use.
From Hometown, USA to Havana, Cuba, I LOVE watching people on two wheels.
__________________
Honolulu HI, where EVERY day is fit to ride!
Reply With Quote
  #8759  
Old 04-21-2017, 04:00 AM
Dan's Avatar
Dan Dan is offline
Staff
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Moosylvania
Posts: 11,931
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

I can't remember (or pronounce) the Cuban Requmbies? Gotta be some of the coolest vids and motorized bicycles ever!
__________________
worst apocalypse ever
=============================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Reply With Quote
  #8760  
Old 04-21-2017, 12:12 PM
5-7HEAVEN 5-7HEAVEN is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,082
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I can't remember (or pronounce) the Cuban Requmbies? Gotta be some of the coolest vids and motorized bicycles ever!
The "Riquimbili" home madeCuban Motor Bikes
__________________
Honolulu HI, where EVERY day is fit to ride!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Sponsors

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
MotorBicycling.com