Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Tavern > The Tavern

The Tavern Kick off your shoes and sit back with your favorite beverage and enjoy talking about whatever you like.

View Poll Results: Paint or stain?
Barn red paint 13 41.94%
Clear stain 5 16.13%
other color Paint 6 19.35%
other stain 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Staff

Default Re: Building a work shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooljunkie View Post
Well i have for the most part really been having a good time. Pretty much in shop 7 days a week. Weekends are for my projects or shop /tool maintenance. I try not to work for money on my selected days off. I spend way too much money on tools, but its a necessary evil. Being able to diagnose current model vehicles is a necessity,but i had to pay the price. Was slow jan/feb but work hasnt let off since march. Im ok with that. I had a yard full and other shops were slow.
Snow is gone,river is open and now that we had a couple heavy rains the grass is starting to turn green. Grass cutting season is coming up fast. Chat with you later.

Awesome TJ. Sounds like a perfect balance.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:31 AM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsmith View Post
Welcome back Dan!

"Other Brother", Dan
Har, LOL....! That still cracks me up, Dan. And thanks!

For those reading; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN6UAzYY8qg

The new forum software does a thing. When ya post a link to a video. It displays right in the window. Really cool and easy.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:19 PM
Staff

Thursday I work in the shop 'till just about sunup. (wait, remember the big eyed mouse now living in the metal file draw?)

Having to relieve my self but the neighbors are waking up. So and having an old 5 gallon bucket, I don't bother going out behind the shop.

I forget to empty the bucket but I am the only one who goes out there to the shop so I don't give it a second thought.

Sunday morning about 3AM, I go out to finish a thing for the forum. Having a hard time with it and kinda dreading machining a part that just keeps coming out bad. (really a bummer) but unlock the door and see the bucket-'o-pee. Go to dump it but inside is the big eyed mouse laying like a dog with his chin on the floor. I nudge the bucket with my foot so he can scurry off in his bull mouse and manly fashion. But he doesn't move. I kick it a little harder. The rodent seems to be dead?

So I look a little closer. He is in the prone position and his nostrils are just above the "water" line. He didn't drown. The bucket was next to a bench that's about 40"s tall. So the fall didn't kill him. He didn't drown as his nose was above.

It had been so long that I had been in the shop, I figured he and the other critters had squatter's rights. So I was bringing them food as a sort of rent/thanks for putting up with the noise and light. But he,"the mouse lept to his death rather than living with me" I kiddingly said to Carol.

Carol replied; "I get that"