Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles

Motorized Tandems, Trikes and Recumbent Bicycles Trikes (tricycle) and recumbent bicycles can give the ultimate in comfort for cruising on long trips or just around town. Ad an engine and they will really turn some heads.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:22 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Indian Tadpole

Talk about a stout delivery truck this Warwick's the real stuff! Looks like it could haul a quarter ton and appears the largest early delivery I've yet seen, just amazing. I hope the weather and your health are improving in sync and are perfectly timed with the starter clutches arrival. This Tadpole is getting real close to maturity, so is green a possibility? Rick C.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:19 AM

You could buy a modern equivalent until a few years ago.

http://www.bakbrommerreeuwijk.nl/home

Old 04-20-2017, 01:30 PM

We're both improving slowly Rick. More sunny days coming along if not overly warm. I've been collecting parts to put new tires and brakes on the trailer and a rear view back up camera on the camper. Trailer hasn't moved since 2012 and it continues to amaze me that people walk or try to drive behind a raised roof camper van and not see it's backed 3/4 of the way out of a parking spot.

I have proof that God loves idiots because he created so many of them.

The Warrick is a lot bigger than it looks. An impressive machine indeed. It does have me wondering about a delivery box for the tri car some time in the future.

The chair for the Hiawatha is getting closer to the finish and should be done about the time the clutch gets here then it will be nothing but back pockets and elbows showing until the tri car is done.

Steve.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:35 PM

Ludwig,

That would be a personal dream. Might be able to import one if it is 15 years or older.

Steve.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:28 AM

Here is a link to photobucket. There are currently 812 photos on it showing all the highlights and what were you thinking, not to mention were you thinking when you dreamed that up. I'm waiting to receive the final clutch. This was custom modified so I can pedal start the bike.

Steve.

http://s866.photobucket.com/user/spe...tml?sort=3&o=0
Old 04-24-2017, 02:29 PM

The clutch just arrived. Wowzer. Major modifications indeed. I sent Brian an email to ask if it's OK with him for me to show what was done and after doing it does he want to do others. If he's OK with it I post photos right away.

The Hiawatha seat is on the way to being finished and then it's on to the tri car wrap up.

Drum beat please.

Steve.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:54 PM

Good news indeed for all tricar followers and especially you and Silver bear. I'm liking the wicker look and your detailed photo compilation on both builds. I can't stand it when someone says "well all you have to do...." yeah right, but did you ever consider the 55 steps taken to get there? There are many builds started that are never completed, at least not much more than assembling a kit would have taken. It would be well if those thinking about building one off bikes would read this thread before deciding to forge ahead. It's not rocket science but it's not "all you gotta' do" either. Oh yeah Iactually dig on the kit bikes and built several myself lol. Rick C.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:38 PM

Hi Rick, Yep "All you have to do is." indeed. If nothing else I do have the ability to stick with something until it's done no matter how long it takes. This might well serve as a lesson in building one off bikes. Doesn't help when your picky about how well it's done.

I guess if I had just stayed with the plans most people would have say "Wow, look at that. How did you do it?" Trouble is I live with Mr. Perfection (Me) and at times we're strange bed fellows. One says finish the darned thing and the other says not yet, it isn't just right.

I would certainly agree with you about a kit bike. A Sportsman Cycle frame and add on's would have seen this done years ago. My mistake was building a copy of a well know bike and there are no short cuts if it's going to look right.

Brian said it was OK to post photos of what he did and include his contact information so
I'll get that done tomorrow.

Steve.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:45 PM

Purchased everything to build another movable work bench and the bits needed to finish up the wicker seat for the sidecar. After that I'll be after finishing the tri car now the clutch is here.

Steve.
Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM

Here are photos of the modified clutch. I'll get photos of it on the bike soon as I get the seat for the Hiawatha tri car done. Lots of work done to the clutch and done well. Large sprocket is driven by the engine and the small sprocket goes to the rear sprocket.

The clutch activator is now free of the clutch and rides on bearings.

Due to the motor I used I had to be able to pedal the bike to start it and to keep the chain guard on the engine looking some what correct the clutch needed to be on the jack shaft.

Here is where I bought the parts. You'll need to Goggle them.

I used a Sportsman Flyer pedal crank and jack shaft combination. They use the pedal crank on their record holding race bikes and sell a complete bike kit in various levels. Frame to a complete running bike.

Clutch is a 3D Motorsport clutch. Great company to deal with. Excellent personal service.

Brian Stichter at stichtersharpening@gmail.com (1-484-955-8287) did the machine work. He is also on Facebook and you can contact him there and see the bikes he builds for sale. His Harley Davidson is what prompted me to call him.

Tell him it's about the clutch he modified for Fast Eddy. No money in your pocket or mine but he'll know what it's about. You'll have to buy the clutch from 3D Motorsport and have it sent to him to modify. He's in Pennsylvania.

As always if you have questions please ask. If your a member of the forum please click on my name at the top and send me a PM or leave a message here. If your not a member consider joining us. I think you will be glad you did.

Steve.

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...pshltrhrzw.jpg