2015 cruzzer ???

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
They're a lot like the last of the NE5's. Some changes and different engine parts. Clones really, or they'ld have the name too.

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I'm not a whizzer owner, but I think the name is a little... strange.

I get that it's supposed to be "cruiser" but a nostalgic nod to the whizzer brand, but an unsuspecting joe would be confused as **** and pronounce it like "buzzer".

I can just see the perplexed look on people's faces when they see CRUZZER on the side of the bike and start thinking " wtf is a cruzzer?"

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I'm not a whizzer owner, but I think the name is a little... strange.

I get that it's supposed to be "cruiser" but a nostalgic nod to the whizzer brand, but an unsuspecting joe would be confused as **** and pronounce it like "buzzer".

I can just see the perplexed look on people's faces when they see CRUZZER on the side of the bike and start thinking " wtf is a cruzzer?"

Yeh, the Chinese can come up with interesting names at times. I found the listing for the Cruzzer only because I was searching for rear wheel adjusters that were long enough without going to a full blown motorcycle style. The whizzer ones look ok if they are strong enough, in the below link....but I got sticker shock on all the replacement parts. The last set I bought were way too short to use.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cruzzer-motorbike-rear-wheel-adjusters-fits-Whizzer-Bicycles-/301697538996?hash=item463e931bb4:g:2ZQAAOxyrrpTj2Dj

Could of replaced the zz s with ss s and named it the Cusser.

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Their other clones were called. Cyclone and Polar , of the 3 Cyclone is a better name choice I'd guess. They musta ran into more patent trouble with that.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
The new knockoffs seem to have a rather short frame? The real whizzers look pretty cool to me up to 99. I think the new Cruzzers giant taillight abomination and all the unhidden cables and wires, reflectors etc., really throws off the looks of this 2015 unit. They need to clean it up, ones eye doesn't even know where to look.
Love to get a old original from the 50s in decent shape but prices seem to have gone through the roof.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
I was also wondering the advantages and or disadvantages with a belt sheave drive over a chain and sprocket. Seems like there would be torque like crazy with the big dia.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Two brakes,decompression lever,throttle,turn and lighting switches,ignition switch,horn...all that leads up onto the handlebar...so,yes it's a rats nest of cables and wiring.
Vintage bikes look a lot cleaner,I agree

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Sounds like you sold them fairly fast. Somebody saw the beauty in them. Ill be keeping my eye open for a 99 or earlier to do just that in the future.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I see these at times on Craigslist but usually it's the Whizzer itself you see. I think the Whizzer would be the smarter buy. Not too many people want a fakeout.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
These are a rehash of the Gen 2 Whizzers. They cant be associated with the name Whizzer. The Guy/company in Taiwan I guess is continuing on his own since he has the tooling. These look like they are fully DOT compliant.

I was a Gen 2 dealer for a while around 2005-6. The bikes were fairly decent with a few minor problems. It looks like there may be a bit more quality control now. I say that because I just bought a fuel tank for my Briggs build from Whizzer Paul. It came complete with all hardware and all of it was excellent quality.

If I were going to venture into one of these I would get the base model in the box(es) for $1600 and assemble it less the non vintage parts. Properly done one could have a fairly decent vintage "style" bike. The telescopic front end rides well but is a dead give away. Swap it for a Schwinn blade fork and the looks will change immediately. I would also run the manual clutch. The Gen 2 also came in a 24". I sold only one but it was fairly cool.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Interesting info Cannonball2. Yes, It looks like they went for a transport motorbike and skipped most vintage cues. The original Whizzers have a pretty high price tag now.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Seems even the newer bikes are staying pricey lately compared to a few years ago. There are deals out there at times on Craigslist etc though. Usually too far to go grab for most people. Be nice if they were in most towns like that.

LoneBicycleRanger

Mar 18, 2016
Memphis,Tennessee
Are Whizzers still manufactured? I was looking into buying one in the late nineties but never got around to purchasing one. Just curious if they are still being made in 2016? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Best Regards!

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Currently they are only making a bad knock off of the Wizzer called the Cruzzer.
Its pretty ugly in my Op...just too much going on, too many wires, ugly hardware etc. with very little features that look vintage, but they may very well operate decent. They are for sale on ebay if you are interested in seeing one. The last decent looking knockoffs were made in 1999 as I have been told.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
The 1999 was essentially the same appearance wise as the later Gen2 Whizzers until maybe the last few years. The NE1 as I remember had engine issues surrounding the valves. The later NE5 parts could be used to update the NE1. I retro fitted my personal NE5 with a bit of vintage parts. Looked more authentic. The telescopic fork rode too well on the country roads to swap it out. I ditched the white walls also. You could also kick start it on the stand with the pedals as well as pedal start. They started very easily using the compression release.

They were also heavy just under 100lbs as I remember. This was a plus for a good ride and decent handling, but a pain to load into a pick up or such. All in all I liked them even with the small issues they occasionally had they were light years more reliable than a CG. I kept one new in the crate for years until I was talked out of it.

Heres a pic of one of the sales brochures I still have(sorry scanner is inop)

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks for the info. Those look pretty sweet actually. The engine looks very high quality, love all the chrome.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
You can still find vintage whizzer motors out there, and they aren't priced too bad either...just find a nice old frame and have at it.