Only eight bolts fit sprocket!!

GoldenMotor.com

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan
I changed Bikes for my chinese kit and when I got to the rear sprocket only eight bolts line up wirh the holes. On the ninth I get 2 spokes crossed almost smack dab in the middle of the last hole every time. I redid it three times and still cant get that last hole lined up to clear spokes.

I guess eight bolts are enough,when im going thirty you cant even see a bolt is missing.

Still kinda bugs me though. Anyone else have this kinda problem? Should be ok ya think?

Ted

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hi,

Yes it happens that way sometimes....if you can't adjust it until it just works, you may have to resort to the brute force approach and move the sprocket until an interference fit on some of the spokes happens and then sometimes you can just get the 9th one in.....barring getting lucky that way, I have sometimes loosened spokes until I got the bolt through and then re-tightened them to ensure a true wheel....that takes a little doing sometimes....it will eventually work tho.
Hope this helps.
Andrew

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i had that problem with the 5 hole sproket but the 9 hole went on like a dream. i had to really move the sproket around to get all bolts thru then had someone else hold it center till i got the bolts somewhat tight to keep it from moving then finished tighning up the screws and bolts.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi, some of the vendors use 8mm bolts to hold on the sprocket, some use 6mm, on some custom builds I used 10-32's.

The 8mm's are a real pain, and I think inapproiate.

Mike