new 65cc motor issues

GoldenMotor.com

autodoctor

Apr 16, 2008
ok i was real happy to get this kit now after a trip to the ER and a concussion im not so sure any more. any way the bike will run it seems to only like 3/4 throttle or more . and when i put the motor in neutral the engine dies and i have to restart it again. its a pain trying to ride and play with the choke and the mixture needle Because when it takes off it does GO!!!. can anybody help me get this weedeater running right Im thinking this motor is way to touchy and i cant afford another trip to the hospital
** LESSON LEARNED YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET EVEN WHEN TEST & TUNE!!!!!! ***
heres the hook up
black and blue to the coil respectivly and the kill switch is hooked up in parallel to those wires as well.
i know this motor should idle my weedwacker does
thank you for your help
[email protected]

ive been an auto mechanic for 20 years and this thing is driving me nuts . i thought KIA's were POS cars . I think im going to bring my air hammer home and finish this motor once and for all. cheap chinease pos . and the ebayer i bought it from tell me to come here and post the question instead of helping me directly. i have never had such a terrable ebay experance in my life. i think i would have been happier if i spent the $230 and never recieved this POS .
wish i could resolve this issue with "dacscommm" but hes just going to get horrable feedback

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Last person to have these symptoms had the throttle cable adjusted wrong. Not enough slack INSIDE the carb. It was too tight and the needle couldn't seat. Just a guess

could also be a leak at the manifold connection of the carb that is pretty common but im not sure it would cause it to race it might. Most likely the throttle cable i think

Last edited:

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
Hi Autodoctor, first welcome to the forum:ride2: and secondly sorry to hear of your bad experience and glad your ok. The first thing I would check is the idle screw on your carb, it should be 3-4 full turns out from tight. Always start with the simplist fix first. Have a great ride...Kelly

bgoates

Mar 3, 2008
Are you sure you have your carb assembled correctly ? Does the slide go up and down ?

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
no goodnic
Is telling you the straight stuff you could even start the idle needle all the way in, I will bet it will stay running then. You can then stop and back it out to lower the rpms. By the way that is an idle adjustment there is no idle mixture screw.
I hope you don't have anymore wreaks or trips to the hospital that's not fun.
Be careful.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Any air leaks ? Have you checked for air leaks? Do you have an inline filter between the tank and carb? When you installed the new fuel line, did you flush out the new fuel line before hooking it to the carb? You may have some particles in your carb restricting fuel flow. Did you remove the screw from the top of the spark plug? Is the carb pushed all the way on? What position is your C clip? Middle, top? Bottom? Where? Let us know. Thanks..

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
3/4 or more? Sounds like it's too rich.

Set the needle at the second from the top.

Also, when setting the IDLE SCREW you can turn it in with your fingers and feel when it touches the slide....after you get there, start it up and turn the screw in (clockwise) a little (1/4 turn) each time until the idle is right.

Keep us posted.

BTW, how'd you wreck it?

autodoctor

Apr 16, 2008
ok i was real happy to get this kit now after a trip to the ER and a concussion im not so sure any more. any way the bike will run it seems to only like 3/4 throttle or more . and when i put the motor in neutral the engine dies and i have to restart it again. its a pain trying to ride and play with the choke and the mixture needle Because when it takes off it does GO!!!. can anybody help me get this weedeater running right Im thinking this motor is way to touchy and i cant afford another trip to the hospital
** LESSON LEARNED YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET EVEN WHEN TEST & TUNE!!!!!! ***
heres the hook up
black and blue to the coil respectivly and the kill switch is hooked up in parallel to those wires as well.
i know this motor should idle my weedwacker does
thank you for your help
[email protected]
4/17/08
does any body offer AMERICAN REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR THESE THINGS!!!
ok i took the carb apart.
1st. off the idle screw when it was turned all the way tight DID NOT even go into the slider housing . upon further examantion the pilot tip was mushroom shaped . a little polish/grinding i was able to adjust the slider with the screw. however the screw is not straight its bent.
2nd the carb was set up on the 2nd from top clip. so i put it to the very top clip
and it did idle alittle bit and it actually started quicker but that was short lived
i would like to get a quaility carb/ plug and coil for this beast . i just hope the motors are made decent and hold up for a 1000 miles or so other wise i just wasted $250

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
250!?! WOW, where'd you get that one? I paid well under 200 WITH shipping for all of mine.

People have fitted other carbs quite successfully- Walbro, Mikuni and Del'Orto's.

B5HS NGK plugs work great, as for the coil, there are folks working on that as we speak.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I wish you hadn't mentioned that about the switching of the carbs. I have at least one perfectly good carb from the weed eater experiment. I will have that on my mind all day now.

I noticed that the price of the kits is creeping up. I bought mine for a 142 and now I see the average looks like 175. Those prices include shipping. My son in law would be the perfect kit buyer. He would believe the most expensive kit is the best one.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yeah, I've seen 'em go for more than they could just be ordered for from the dax website!

I got all mine pretty cheap (under 150 plus shipping) one sold for 110!!!!!

But yes, I think since gas prices and popularity of these is creeping up, so is the price.