2nd Annual Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise 2016

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Generous replies! Thank you.

Really, I was joking more than anything. And, for that matter, I have plenty of spare parts too. Long, hard experience with happy time bikes has taught me to be prepared.:)

Now it does happen that I'll make some mod or some repair only to find that now some other component of the bike is interfering or has been knocked out of whack. And then, some of the time, I'll find myself getting discouraged over the time I"m putting into getting everything back on track.

At those times I'll often walk away from the bike for a couple of weeks. Muttering and cursing. But I always come back, of course. When the MB bug bites ya, you don't get away easy.

It's not likely that June 11 will catch me in one of those week-or-two periods when I'm mad at my happy time.

But if that does happen, then I'll be showing up with a pedal bike. I won't expect to keep up with you guys, of course. And I won't even try.

More likely I'll act as the 'sag wagon' for the riders.

But I'll probably be riding my MB.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Getting close to time so be fine tuning the upcomming event so to speak.

As far as times go...I am thinking we will have meet and greet from 10am to 11am.

Starting at 11am we can begin the cruise. We will leave London Mills and travel approximately 13 miles to the town of Avon. There is a Caseys general store there where we can stop for a stretch and a snack. Caseys sells gas..snacks..drinks..pizza by the slice..etc etc.

We will then leave Avon and travel approx 5 miles to Little Swan Lake and then another 10 miles to the village of Brereton. We can stop here for another stretch and a visit.

From Brereton we will travel approx 12 miles to the village of Berwick. We can stop here for a visit and stretch.

From Brereton will travel approx 6 miles to the town of Abingdon. There is another Caseys general store here where we can stop for gas..stretch or snacks.

From Abingdon we will travel approx 13 miles back to London Mills.

The total trip will be approx 60 mile round trip.

Upon return to London Mills there will be BBQ sudinner served and Ice cold beer and soda. If the weather is great...for anyone interested...we can do another mini cruise.

This would be another route that is a 15-20 mile loop.

Upon return we can sit and polish off those beverages and talk shop.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Tomorrow marks one month until the meet and I got a lot to do to get the bike ready! Get your bike ready now! I procrastinated last year and spent the night getting my exhaust slapped together and it cracked off at a weld during the ride ha! I'll be bringing a couple parts with me in case somebody needs something. Also during the ride last year a few of us got a little burnt so dress appropriately! Hope my parts are in soon!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Yep...time is growing near. I took a nice long ride the other day trying to prep the old backside for the upcomming ride.
I got some quality of life parts coming my way for the ride as well. My expansion chamber last year made me cock out my leg most the ride gonna have to change that this year. Gonna b a good one

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Hit a deer on Sunday. Hoping to have everything back together by the meet. Took her to the body shop today. Insurance said $5069 in damages. Thank goodness for insurance!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
OUCH!!! I volunteer for fire and rescue and it seems there are more deer hits every year. They sure do a number on the front of a vehicle. Hope you get yours back together soon.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Hope so. I hopefully got a good shop to do the work and dropped it off earlier today so they could possibly get a head start on it. Even had the bike on the bike ride on the back of the car when I hit it! Luckily nothing more than cosmetic was done! Should be done a week and a half before the meet.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
okay. I'm experimenting here. Logged in and typing this on our wiiU. Whattaya know? It works!

Glad to hear that you,ll probably still make it, yesI'mLDS.

My bike is up and running and I don't expect trouble. It ought to be a good day.

Too bad this doesn't have a real keyboard. I don't like hunt and peck.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Is anyone going through Indiana on 70 enroute? My truck is currently in CT and I won't have it back till after July 4. If so I could attend with one of these whizzers.
Otherwise it's next year for me

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Okay, ckangaroo.

I just looked over the route you mentioned a page or two back on google maps. They didn't show all of the towns you listed. But that doesn't matter. I could see the general, counter-clockwise route back around to London Mills. So I've got a notion of where we'll be going.

Only a couple more weeks now.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Oh.....and racie......I've been trying to think of some way of giving you a lift. If I remember right, you're in Terre Haute. That's not so terribly far from me.

But I'll be working til 7 on the night before. Plus I doubt if I can get your bike, my bike and my wife's bike all in my truck.

Sorry 'bout that. But I can't see any way of making it work. At least not without exhausting all of us.