stock exhaust stinger

GoldenMotor.com

hollywood528

Feb 8, 2013
Ramona, CA (San Diego)
UPDATED: NEW PICS A FEW POSTS DOWN
Little stinger I welded on to the stock exhaust.
I believe it helped quiet it down a little now that its not headed towards the ground.
I was thinking about changing the header length and path to run across the side of the bike.
Anyone else done some similar mods..

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I did something similar with a early version of The Pig except I ran it all the way back to the rear. Much quieter!

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Thats what I was thinking about doing too. Do you have any pics of your setup?
I did a couple different versions...
This one has a cone shaped rear section and was made by cutting a chunk out of a table leg. The pipe was too thin and had a tinny sound.

This one was all conduit from the kit muffler back and sounded much better, more like a small motorcycle.

hollywood528

Feb 8, 2013
Ramona, CA (San Diego)
Cool. Thanks for sharing those pics. Thats similar to what I'm shooting for, with the exhaust running out the back. My main goal is to make it as quiet as possible.
I was surprised what my little stinger did to suppress noise... I can imagine the longer one like yours helped out a lot

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
You can also add another small muffler in back for better quieting. I've used a small briggs tube style with good results. Sorry, no pics of that one. Sold the pipe right after the install, lol!

hollywood528

Feb 8, 2013
Ramona, CA (San Diego)
Thanks for the inspiration. Here's what I came up with...
A little longer.. I'll report back with how it performs when I ride home tonight....
UPDATE: wow! Super quiet! Kinda sounds like a little old moped now. Now I really only hear the motor clanking away.
I've already put sound dampening on the covers and some rubber in between the fins.. any other thoughts on quieting it down

Last edited:

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
I cut up a jandel to help with keeping the intake noise down. I think it needed to be a bit bigger to be effective.

I have also use the sick bike parts muffler tip to help with the 2 stroke rasp.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
just solder. and the blow torch. plus a soldering iron to help the solder flow.

the blow torch, is a bit to hot sometimes. even from heating it from the inside.