about to throw my hands up and 3rd bike in the trash

GoldenMotor.com

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
OK guys out of my taxes i got a new kit and a gt2 bike OK problem 1 back motor mounts studs broke off on a off road trip then i get those fixed on the road i go problem 2 happen on a 22 mile ride my gt2 the down tube breaks
so i go out a buy schwinn riverside move all my part over got a new front motor mount (due to oversize frame) on the road again problem 3 order a better pipe or so i was told by everyone here got it cant put it on due to cheap parts so called supplier told me they'd send out replacement parts still have not got them now the one that got me most p***** is the new front motor mount bolt just broke off where i can not get them out tried revers bit and the bolt is like 4 treads down so it just got me gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

o wait i forgot i problem i had dang thing is stalling out if i go past 19mph and nothing is wrong with the carb due to i pulled it off a put on my buddy's bike ant it run profit

:-||:-||:-||:-||:-||

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Carbide bit on a Dremmel tool, like 1/16" and a carbide tiny ball tip bit too.(for the stud removal) get a good easy-out, the cheap-o ones break and that REALLY suc$s. I had a Riverside also,same issue with front mount. I machined the front "U" of the motor(between the mounting studs) to fit the down tube, I feel the wrap/fit around the frame really helps with the torque load on those #6 fasteners, putting it on a large tube adapter, well the studs take all the side loading, You can "re-size" the engine with a die grinder or a dremmel with a sanding drum on it, takes a while, worth the results. Make sure the engine is seated in the frame evenly, don't over tighten the mounting studs. Just take your time. OBTW I did break a seat tube on the riverside, just under the rear engine mount, you might want to get an extra seat tube and drop/tap it down to the bottom bracket to assist this issue,possibly drill a few holes in the seat tube, like 3/8", then insert the extra pipe and rosette weld it in place,just my experience.

Mac

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
If you're breaking studs and frame tubes, you're not mounting your engine properly. The rear mount must be flush with the seat tube, and the front mount adapter must be snug. Do not mount on any kind of rubber.
lol this i know i should have said 3rd build with new kit

old kit over 5 years old been on and off the frame never broke a stud only reason on and off is to rebuild got the new motor due to my buddy keeps borrowing my old 1 so i sold it to him when i got the new 1

gt2 had a stress crack due to breaking the back studs on a off road trip frame broke on a big speed bump

the speed thing i think it a fuel prob but i know more when a fit the company i got my exhaust from send my repalcement parts that broke the day i got it

also new motor mount dont have stud it uses bolts

Bikeman

Apr 26, 2011
MS Gulf Coast
Dude, I have that EXACT bike! Is it the Riverside 7-speed with the whitewall tires and the glossyblack frame? Awesome bike when the motor gets broken in. I cruise 23MPH on the heavy thing with my 240 pound self on it. Rides GREAT!
Here's what I've learned from mine so far....

1- Get rid of whatever that stupid front mount bolt kit thing you have is. This is how I fixed mine. I cut about a 6 inch peice of pipe and drilled two holes through it top and bottom. Then put the pipe in the existing frame mount on the motor and snug it up a little. Now take the motor and set in the frame and when you have it like you want it, then measure the holes to drill in the frame, remove the motor, drill the holes, put the motor back on and bolt up the pipe to the frame. You barely notice it and once done, you can remove the motor just as easy as the V-frame bike it was designed for. So far it has held on tight for a few hundred miles.
2- The fenders will mess you up if not tightened down with backup nuts! Had the rear one just suddenly rip out and luckily it didn't catch the chain. Just started dropping parts on the bike trail! LOL! Right now I removed the front fender because it started making a scary noise and its something to do with the crimp underneath. Haven't looked into that yet.
3- get a dual brake handle for the right side with a long handle and not that little short handle that the bike comes with. This thing needs LOTS of brake because of the weight and the speed. This is my next project to it because the back brake shoes are always needing adjusting from wear because they are the only brake.
4- a dry box from my boat screwed down to the luggage rack works great as storage for my bike lock, tools, oil, etc. Placed just right, I can go get my gas from the store with a 1 gallon tank placed between it and the seat.
5- Seems that the NGK BH6 has made my motor run better. The original LZ4 just didn't sound right at high speed as I leaned out the oil mix. It is hot and humid here maybe that's why cooler plug is helping. Not sure.
That's about it so far. This is my first bike to put a motor on and I have learned a lot so far.