Fresh Install Not Starting

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread.

Avowed, I have the same exact engine, new never run. I am having the EXACT trouble you are and I have done everything and I mean everything to get it going. I get so mad pedaling all over the place and almost having heart attacks from pedaling.
Mine has the exact symptoms as yours, wet plug, has spark, "kinda" sputters and head gets only warm, but the engine just will not kick in and GO!.

Using the throttle has no effect at all or the choke. It does nothing and is quite frustrating.

I'm going to check the MAG resistance tomorrow and probably order an entire new MAG and CDI to try....

If that doesn't do it then I give up..... I have no idea what it could be.....I feel your pain.

Tomasito

Apr 8, 2011
Argentina
You can have an airleak, i'd the same problem three days ago in a brand new engine too.

I've removed the manifold gasket and instead put some high-temp silicone (thoug it might not get along with gas, i'll put loctite 515 in a few days just in case), and removed the carb and put some high-temp silicone in the neck of the manifold too, and pushed the carb all the way in and adjusted it pretty tight (i'll put an oring too in a few days).

And the bike fired at first try.

Your CDI might also be a little weak, it might not make a spark inside the cyclinder with all the presurized gas. Try gapping the spark plug at 0.025.

I'd done everything too, and that was the solution. (even my clutch was slipping at first too).

Hope it helps.

Next time i'll buy a B&S :p