pa law

GoldenMotor.com

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
Will been nice riding my gas bike for 2 years but it just came to a end got stoped and they got me on everything they could and called a tow truck took it away to inpound .In pa they are mopeds and have to have every thing a moped has and plate and inc and must have a car license which i dont have ben nice and got alot of help from people thanks

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
They fall under moped law i was told that any thing with a gas motor must have it all on it eletric bike dont need to retested or licence. Look at moped law

bailsafe

Oct 23, 2015
Slippery Rock, PA, USA
They fall under moped law i was told that any thing with a gas motor must have it all on it eletric bike dont need to retested or licence. Look at moped law
I am familiar with moped law in Pennsylvania. However, wasn't there a court case in Erie a while back that ruled motorized bicycles as falling into the "assisted bicycle" category, same as electric bicycles?

There's no manufacturer safety certificate, no VIN, no title issued at purchase... you'd have a **** of a time trying to get "legal" under moped classification.

Zearobiker

Jul 11, 2015
reading pa
Dont about that but i have tolked to local police and stat police around reading pa thay all say they need to be plated and you must have a lince to ride on road you have to get a tital made up get it all check out to be safe then you can plate it then ok for road . the police have my bike now i was riding it with out using the moter going to a friends house to ride they inpounded bike and find me for no licence and not having bike legal for road have to go to court tofind out what all fines will cost

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
This is something I've told others many times. You have to build within the parameters of what a state defines a certain vehicle that they allow on the road. Sadly some states won't allow any kind of self built vehicle on the public roadways. They require them to be made by a certified manufacturer.