just to

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Change the topic on the board at the moment. I read the NC law on motor bikes yesterday it defines anything with pedals and a motor as a moped. Well unless it have an engine 50cc or more then it is a motorcycle.

It does require the all moped riders wear a helmet, but it does not specify that it be an approved helmet. Know us foolish bikers who love to flaunt the law. Next time a see a really cool bike helmet I'm going to switch my motorcycle helmet for one. I hate this heavy pot.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
law is basically the same in michigan. i wear a bicycle helmit and never have had a problem and i always wear a helmet. nice thing about these motorized bicycles is they are so rare i am sure 95% of the officers out thier have no idea what the regulations are on them

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
law is basically the same in michigan. i wear a bicycle helmit and never have had a problem and i always wear a helmet. nice thing about these motorized bicycles is they are so rare i am sure 95% of the officers out thier have no idea what the regulations are on them
That's why I carry a copy of Ohio revised code in my wallet.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
No doubt you are right. If you get stopped I would bet the patrolman called the station first to find out what the law really is on them. Truth is I doubt they would even bother except to get a better look and ask where you got it. that is unless like me you run stop signs ect.