Is it the Chain or the Clutch?

GoldenMotor.com

Shooter

May 10, 2011
Sierra Vista, AZ
I've recently installed an 80cc raw motor engine on my bike. I've done everything that I can think of. But it seems that the chain is bending rather than flowing around the little cog in the engine. I have plenty to tension or play rather. The bike starts and the engine runs, but when I throttle it up it goes no where. The engine stays running but I can't seem to get the bike to go. HELP PLEASE. The tech at raw motors said to loosen the small sprocket a bit. I was uncertain of overall safety after being told this. if I did that. Please give me some insight.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I've recently installed an 80cc raw motor engine on my bike. I've done everything that I can think of. But it seems that the chain is bending rather than flowing around the little cog in the engine. I have plenty to tension or play rather. The bike starts and the engine runs, but when I throttle it up it goes no where. The engine stays running but I can't seem to get the bike to go. HELP PLEASE. The tech at raw motors said to loosen the small sprocket a bit. I was uncertain of overall safety after being told this. if I did that. Please give me some insight.
Chinese HT breakdown pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

Start at photo 37 You might have the clutch too tight, thus when releasing the handle the clutch won't disengage. Or remove screw and adjust star nut..replace screw

Last edited: