Just a few problems

GoldenMotor.com

skyhawk66cc

May 2, 2011
Washington
Hi,
To start I have a 66cc Grubee Skyhawk on a MTB, my motor ran ok for about 20 min and then was just under powered and would bog down, after reading on here that there is usually crap in the gas tank I will check that first thing. I was guessing there was an issue with the carb (CNS Gen B with red housing) I looked up that carb and found there was lots of problems with air leaks but no fix tips, anybody have any common problem fixes? I’m sure there is a fix on here somewhere but I must be overlooking it.

My second question is in the instructions which everybody says don’t bother looking at it says that the white wire needs to be grounded to the frame of the bike, but I’m reading that, that is wrong??? I read that people are grounding the green wire from the kill switch to the frame? Sounds like that would do nothing. The instructions say to hook the green and the yellow wires to ether the black or blue wire doesn’t matter which one just not both to the same wire. I am also reading that people are hooking lights to the white wire, can somebody clarify me on the wiring because I’m seeing allot of different methods.

Thanks guys so far I have read allot of great tips, hope I can add some good ones as I learn this new hobby.

-skyhawk66cc dance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Here's an updated version of that wiring diagram.
Throw away your instructions that came with your kit. THEY ARE WRONG! Written buy the Chinese folks who made your engine and they don't speak English.

Every engine kit supplier out there would do good to take those instruction sheets out of the kits before they sell them. It would eliminate a lot of problems and frustrations for the buyers. Are you listening vendors?

Wire your engine like the diagram and you'll be good. Forget that stupid white wire. It will only cause you problems. Insulate it so it can not come in contact with anything. Blue to blue, black to black and the two wires from the kill switch to the blue and black. Don't worry about wire colors from the kill switch. They aren't important. The kill switch is just a momentary switch that connects the two wires from it together.
Tom

Attachments