9.5HP 7200W 22Lbs. of Vertebrae Dislocating Magnetic Goodness.

GoldenMotor.com

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
I watched a bunch of youtube videos of this guy in Washington DC commute to work on his electric mountain bike, where it's legal to ride a bike on the sidewalk. He has his bike with a GoPro mounted in various places on the bike. He is on the street lane splitting, on the sidewalk, on bike lanes, on bike paths, and in the woods on some dirt trails, then back on the street. Not one time does his bike come to a halt..... the entire commute. Meanwhile cars are sitting motionless in the streets in absolute gridlock. It was hilarious. LMAO
Hehe,
Thats my buddy Greg. (Gravitydreaming on youtube)
GCinDC at Endless sphere.(just heading into the work shop & work on his next off-road DHcomp, that should be a whole new series of videos!)

Been watching this thread & chuckling at the fear factor of batteries. Treat them with the same respect & knowledge you use with gasoline & there will be zero issues.
Dont just plug any of them em in & go to bed....trusting whatvis mostly assembled in china chargers & battery managers....or charge where an incedent is going to destroy valuable property or worse, Life.

Now less yaking & more building please :)

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Hehe,
Thats my buddy Greg. (Gravitydreaming on youtube)
GCinDC at Endless sphere.(just heading into the work shop & work on his next off-road DHcomp, that should be a whole new series of videos!)

Been watching this thread & chuckling at the fear factor of batteries. Treat them with the same respect & knowledge you use with gasoline & there will be zero issues.
Dont just plug any of them em in & go to bed....trusting whatvis mostly assembled in china chargers & battery managers....or charge where an incedent is going to destroy valuable property or worse, Life.

Now less yaking & more building please :)
GCinDC takes no prisoners on his bike. I'd have a police blockade set up for me if I did that in LA with my gas engine running. I watched all his videos with envy.

I got's 2500 miles on my batteries and they're fine as fine can be with 12.9 Ah. I want 72V 30Ah and I'll be happy.

A little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
A little more bite and a little less bark
A little less fight and a little more spark.........

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's been my observation in the past that trained engineers are always the guys saying something can't be done, while the guys that aren't trained engineers are actually doing it lol.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
It's been my observation in the past that trained engineers are always the guys saying something can't be done, while the guys that aren't trained engineers are actually doing it lol.
You are correct. I have observed the exact same phenomena.
I have no fear of failing as long as I witness it up close and personal for myself. LOL

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My kung fu instructor is the worst. He's a retired electrical engineer from Texas Instruments. He's always telling me I can't do something because I haven't done enough homework to understand what I want to do. He can't seem to understand to the concept of doing it, in order to understand it.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
My kung fu instructor is the worst. He's a retired electrical engineer from Texas Instruments. He's always telling me I can't do something because I haven't done enough homework to understand what I want to do. He can't seem to understand to the concept of doing it, in order to understand it.
If anything sounds like even a hint of speculation that is being given as scientific fact to me, it simply goes in one of my ears and right out the other ear. Just like Charlie Brown listening to his teacher in class. Wha Wha Wha Wha....... LOL

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
yeah!!!! that's how yous do it

I thought I was alone

what's new with the build mike??? how's it going???
I need a way to bend, notch and weld the bike tubes. As of today, I have no tools to do any of that. LOL

I need to either rent a workshop or buy the tools when I can acquire the money to do so.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I need a way to bend, notch and weld the bike tubes. As of today, I have no tools to do any of that. LOL

I need to either rent a workshop or buy the tools when I can acquire the money to do so.
Make a drawing with angles and have a professional bend it for you. I've seen so many people bring bent pipes with wrinkles on the bends to Pipelyne.
It will always be cheaper and better to do it right the first time. Also, pipe bending shops have chrome moly pipes and they usually get them at a cheaper price.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Make a drawing with angles and have a professional bend it for you. I've seen so many people bring bent pipes with wrinkles on the bends to Pipelyne.
It will always be cheaper and better to do it right the first time. Also, pipe bending shops have chrome moly pipes and they usually get them at a cheaper price.
Would if I filled the tubes with sand, taped off the ends, and used a Harbor Freight bender to bend them with?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
If you know what your doing or want to learn, then I say "go for it".
If that's the case, ask advice from Jeff aka CCC. He's one of the few skillful builders here that can make killer frames with a manual bender. But he also has almost every tool you can imagine in his shop/garage.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
If you know what your doing or want to learn, then I say "go for it".
If that's the case, ask advice from Jeff aka CCC. He's one of the few skillful builders here that can make killer frames with a manual bender. But he also has almost every tool you can imagine in his shop/garage.
I only have 2 slight bends (<45 degrees) to make, and the HF 12 Ton PIPE Bender can bend tubing.............. depending on who is using it. The dies and or tubing have to be compensated for due to the dies being made for pipe diameters not tubing.

I have never read so many contradicting reviews on a product in my entire life. LOL

Do your homework for this upcoming build, you don't know what you're attempting, that's why your words are all big and bold right now. Take it from somebody who's been there, who tried to offer help, but your ego got in the way. Have fun, good luck.
Whew! Homework, indeed! I'm still in the planning & purchasing parts stages of my first 4 stroke build. I'm working on the Springer fork, and stage 1 predator upgrade right now. Next month I'll be using the guide from Crazy Horse (Thanks C.H., for sharing your expertise!), to stretch my Schwinn Chopper... this has been a long time coming, to get off the ground; lots of tools to buy, and workspace to build up... but I've already got the bug, and a quality build is scheduled for my July workshop ground breaking... (which is just me, renting a bigger place, with outdoor facilities to start my projects!).

I'll be reading and hopefully learning a lot, before I jump into this E-build. I'm curious if any of you have seen the 48 Volt E-bike build on Instructables... a young man and his Father put up the details of a very nice, quality board track racer style E-bike. I especially like the mid motor, and mounting the batteries, to mimic the pistons of a large V-Twin gas motor. If y'all haven't seen this build, it's worth the time to check it out!

I look forward to sharing my motorized predator 212 build on here (Motorbicycling), and my electric build to quickly follow it, in this forum! My first build will be based on the Schwinn Chopper, but the future builds cannot depend on a bike frame that is not readily available... not on this island!

I tried uploading a few photos, but am having "issues".

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Whew! Homework, indeed! I'm still in the planning & purchasing parts stages of my first 4 stroke build. I'm working on the Springer fork, and stage 1 predator upgrade right now. Next month I'll be using the guide from Crazy Horse (Thanks C.H., for sharing your expertise!), to stretch my Schwinn Chopper... this has been a long time coming, to get off the ground; lots of tools to buy, and workspace to build up... but I've already got the bug, and a quality build is scheduled for my July workshop ground breaking... (which is just me, renting a bigger place, with outdoor facilities to start my projects!).

I'll be reading and hopefully learning a lot, before I jump into this E-build. I'm curious if any of you have seen the 48 Volt E-bike build on Instructables... a young man and his Father put up the details of a very nice, quality board track racer style E-bike. I especially like the mid motor, and mounting the batteries, to mimic the pistons of a large V-Twin gas motor. If y'all haven't seen this build, it's worth the time to check it out!

I look forward to sharing my motorized predator 212 build on here (Motorbicycling), and my electric build to quickly follow it, in this forum! My first build will be based on the Schwinn Chopper, but the future builds cannot depend on a bike frame that is not readily available... not on this island!

I tried uploading a few photos, but am having "issues".
If your ego ever gets to be as big as mine supposedly is, then you could possibly build a bike like mine. laff

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Very nice. And those big tires are the "in" size this year.
Those Korean made Dual Purpose motorcycle tires cost about 1/3 the cost of fat tire bicycle tires. They are also speed rated to 93 MPH and they never mysteriously lose air like a bike tire does. LOL

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
Where is your build thread dude? That beast looks entirely custom. How much noise does it make? How much did you put into it (not including man-hours)?