Nirve fifty five 'skulls' build

GoldenMotor.com

jimthebarron

May 27, 2011
U.K.

Picked this up last week after I had been on the look out for ages for a Nirve or Electra to motorize for my second build.

First thing is to make some offset engine mounts to clear the 3" fat rear tyre, here is the rear, just need to find a piece of billet for the front.

Going to do a disc brake conversion on the springer forks, in-frame gas tank, new paint and springer seat.

Cheers Jim

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Jim,
That is going to be a great bike. I didn't realize until now that the frame is identical to the Nirve Switchblade. I've built two of those and fabricated a welded front and rear engine mount. How much off-set did you build into your mount? I found that 9/16" was perfect for tire/chain clearance. I've used the rag joint and a sprocket adapter and both work out well on that frame and rear tire.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me or I can link to those Switchblade builds for you. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Tom

jimthebarron

May 27, 2011
U.K.
Hi Tom,

My first build was a Switchblade also, although the top tube is the same design the rest of the frame is a little different, more stretched and the tube for the seat post is bent on the Switchblade. I used a 9/16 offset also, which worked well. I will give you a shout if I need any info.

My first build:-

Cheers
Jim

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hi Barron

Wondering about the motorbicycling activity in England riders? numbers? general interest? etc...

With the annual Pioneer Run you have a long history as well....

I am sure you experience much the same weather as Belgium so ???

interested to know
best

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Jim,
I remember that lime green Switchblade build you did. I admired it very much and it was in fact the inspiration for my first one. If I recall you had it up for sale here.
Please keep us up to date on this 'Skull' project. You do excellent work, sir.

Tom

jimthebarron

May 27, 2011
U.K.
Exhaust to cylinder head extension piece:-

This should bring the pipe out enough to clear the front mount and crank, fingers crossed.

sublunacy

Sep 12, 2013
ontario
i have handmade o-ringed exhaust extensions.
watch the hand sanding without blocks your edges are rounding. you should try finishing w a stainless highspeed brush. the finish looks great and requires nothing to stay looking good.

nice nirve there man/ way to go

jimthebarron

May 27, 2011
U.K.
Had a break for a couple of months, so decided to make a start again now the sun is out.

Front and rear top tube fuel tank blocked off, filler neck jb welded in. Just need to seal inside the frame with POR15 fuel tank sealer, then prep for paint.
Front and rear fenders blasted and primed.
Front wheel re-spoked to incorperate disc hub.

[/URL,]

Cheers
Jim

Vanyax

Mar 25, 2014
Russia
Я на nerve pyro изменил ведущую звезду.
Мне кажется двигатель смещать не очень красиво.

Attachments