NEW BUILD: Micargi Royal with Predator 212cc

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Starting to come together. Just 2 packages missing and on the way here.

This is how the engine will be mounted. unlike everybody else, I wanted to install it horizontal and it seems very much possible with this huge frame. The new position of the pedals work too but obviously I need wide cranks. I am even able to use the tank of the engine without altering the frame in the top. This is great because the tank is pretty big and fits good on the engine, plus it covers the engine a little.

I am thinking of look for some rubber parts to use between the mounting plate and the engine to minimize vibrations. Maybe from old car tires or anything I will find lying around in the mechanic place where I weld it. I bought high grade screws today to mount everything. Im exited to have this thing working.

JimsFelt66

Jul 17, 2012
California
Very interesting. I honestly would never have thought about that bike as a build. But I have to admit, I really like what your doing.

I wonder what stem and handle bar are on the bike in the pic?

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
This was an exiting day. 5 hours cutting and welding. Not only we made a badass engine mount, we also changed the angle of the fork more aggressive to the front. Pics coming soon! :)

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Im about to install the engine now on the mount. I just wanted to upload a preview of the work from today. The engine mount (little hard to see on this pic but later I will post more of that) and the aggressive front so the fork have a different angle to the the bike a little longer and at the same time the handlebar is closer. Looks amazing!

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Wow another person from the island. I didnt expcted that :)

Here some more pics. My phone camera seems messed up, so they are a little blurry but I wanted to take some pictures anyways to document some of the work:

The rear sprocket/ Not quiet sure yet if and how this will work, but in general the idea to go through both sides of the hub is good.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/169457_367683809991867_1671892780_o.jpg

The biggest problem I have are the 3inch wide tires and the chains

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Here a shot from below the mount.:

Changing the angle of the front fork was another thing I had planned. IT came out really nice too but I have to test yet how it works actually driving it. But with this little detail that took almost 2 hours of work alone, the build will be unique. The bike will be longer, while the handlebar comes a little closer to the seat, which makes it possible for me to use a straight handlebar and will be in a lying position on the bike.

The result - we decided to weld it very strong especially at this place for more security and to prevent braking of the frame. I will get hydraulic forks in a while but that doesn't chance the facts that the streets here are really bad (unless we have elections or Obama comes to visit....)

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
When I arrived in my house after welding all day I was surprised by all the missing packages with the last parts to complete the bike. Looked like Christmas

This is the clutch I chose. Not sure yet if it was the right choice but at least its the heavy duty choice:

Here the link to the clutch:

http://www.bmikarts.com/item/Hilliard-Extreme-Duty-34-Clutch-12T-35-404600-6514

Best part: Back home and putting everything together:

The engine and the weight balance is in the absolute perfect position in the frame just as hoped. The weight on the front wheel is almost equal to the wight in the rear - something I planned to do so not all the weight will be on the rear wheel like my old bike since it have to hold my weight as well.

Last edited:

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
This is the current state:

The problem I am facing now is that the engine still have to be moved further to the left because the jackshaft is too wide on the inside and I cant get the JS out sprocket aligned with the rear wheel even though we tried to install the engine in the perfect position. I have 2 options: Either I install another mounting plate on top on the current one so I can go further to the outside with the engine, or I customize the jackshaft itself, but the space I have here is extremely tight for the chains. Obviously every build has its little problems and I would have been surprised if there wasnt any ;)

So far so good!

I will later that day have the night of h#ll due a flash burning of my eyes. Apparently I looked at the light too long and burned my eyes with UV light. Totally not fun the experience...

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
This is the current state:

The problem I am facing now is that the engine still have to be moved further to the left because the jackshaft is too wide on the inside and I cant get the JS out sprocket aligned with the rear wheel even though we tried to install the engine in the perfect position. I have 2 options: Either I install another mounting plate on top on the current one so I can go further to the outside with the engine, or I customize the jackshaft itself, but the space I have here is extremely tight for the chains. Obviously every build has its little problems and I would have been surprised if there wasnt any ;)

So far so good!

I will later that day have the night of h#ll due a flash burning of my eyes. Apparently I looked at the light too long and burned my eyes with UV light. Totally not fun the experience...
How far are the chains off or the engine?