what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I find that these things need 5 to 7 miles to fully get up to operating temp, with performance changing throughout the first part of the ride until you hit that distance.

I've never been quite sure how to tune for just short-ride usage : (

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Hey Map, so its a Special Limited Edition HUM-DINGER by Huffydavidson?
They must of slipped this one past me when I was on vacation .
This will come up with the next board meeting and believe me heads are gonna roll .
LMAO

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming

It is the SBP expansion chamber pipe, I got rid of all the silicone tubing mess and plumbed it with 3/4" copper fittings, ill take some close up pix later today and post them here on how I did it, nothing fancy and not as good as if it were a solid welded up tube but it works just fine on this bike and I think it looks better than it does with all the silicone hose conections that didnt last no time before I was all burned out.

Map
Thanks Map,
Yeah I didn't like the looks of the silicone connections. Not sure if I want to get that pipe or the arrow pipe and the pipe from Jakes (sponsor) looks pretty good, the one that wraps around the frame but I haven't read or seen any reviews on it.

TIA for the pics and write up :)

Dan.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Danschutz

Sorry I didn't get these posted last night, fell asleep and just didn't get it done, these may not be great but maybe you can see in the pix which common fittings I used to get this pipe put together like I did it.

Map
.wee.

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Swapped the plug wire and cap. Made the bike ride smoother and four stroke less in the midrange so it seems the stock wire was slightly bad.
Got lucky and didn't have to dig the wire out of the cdi, it screwed right out.

Also installed a front disc brake.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

How's the comparison of the stopping power? I've never ridden a bike that had discs.....somehow, I just know that my next ride will have them.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Went from four finger stoppies to two finger stoppies.
Seriously, not too much difference between the disc and the V-brakes, just a bit stronger.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

I made a clutch cable roller today out of a closet/screen door roller this will drastically reduce the tension on the lever and cable, next I will have to heat and bend the clutch cable arm in an upward direction so that the cable will run level and then use a vintage rear hub brake arm for the cable stop bracket.

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I made a clutch cable roller today out of a closet/screen door roller this will drastically reduce the tension on the lever and cable, next I will have to heat and bend the clutch cable arm in an upward direction so that the cable will run level and then use a vintage rear hub brake arm for the cable stop bracket.
Good job on that, I've had a couple of the rollers planned fora long time now just never got around to doing them yet.

Looks good

Map
reddd

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I fixed my rear wheel (half a dozen new spokes, after some got blown out by some trash in the wheel). This wheel is awesome (KT High Stop, with Alex DH rim, 12g spokes). The rim wasn't even bothered.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

My 12VDC DOT approved Brake/Tailight arrived today. I'm still waiting for the battery&charger to come next week. So I set it up with just a regular 9 volt , unbelievable how bright it is it's going to be running on 3 more volts Wow .
brnot

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

Hey Map.....
This little system is great and don't cost much either a little time consuming but that's because it's mostly precession alignment, go to my thread "Blood Thursty" and check that set up out, this ones going to be a little different.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Hey Map.....
This little system is great and don't cost much either a little time consuming but that's because it's mostly precession alignment, go to my thread "Blood Thursty" and check that set up out, this ones going to be a little different.
Ok...... will do when I get off work in the morning, at work on my Galaxy III. Phone and cant see much or type very well on this dang touch screen, phone is great but will never take the place of my 23" flat screen computer monitor......

PaPa_FoZzY

Nov 23, 2012
Neshoba co. Mississippi

It took me quite a few months to get this bike put together, due to various things, I didn't just want to slap on an engine kit and call it a mobike. I wanted to do something awesome like a custom built 12 volt lighting assem. complete with brake lights and turn signals. Got everything done and got it running, Took it for a short ride. having some issues dialing in the idol. I forgot to set me brakes too, so I had to flintstone it when I came to a stop on her 1 mile maiden voyage. GOT to do something about the exhaust, I cut it a couple months back to lengthen it to the rear wheel and just haven't bent the little piece and welded it back, it's so freakin loud. all in all she rode good! Those little china engines aren't that bad they just ain't a Briggs...

AND THEN!!!!

I SET MY motobike on fire! Was trying to set the idol, used my lighter to see the adjust screw. Didn't know there was a leake from a crack in the fuel filter... FRWOOSH! flames covered the gas line, carb and parts of the engine itself. I just knew that it was going to explode in my face if the flames got to the tank. I was blowing and slaping as hard as I could trying to get the flames out, Finally got it put out no injuries to myself or the bike, though my heart was beating so hard I thought I was going to pass out lol

Lesson learned? Don't work on anything gas powered in the dark without a flashlight

Attachments

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

It took me quite a few months to get this bike put together, due to various things, I didn't just want to slap on an engine kit and call it a mobike. I wanted to do something awesome like a custom built 12 volt lighting assem. complete with brake lights and turn signals. Got everything done and got it running, Took it for a short ride. having some issues dialing in the idol. I forgot to set me brakes too, so I had to flintstone it when I came to a stop on her 1 mile maiden voyage. GOT to do something about the exhaust, I cut it a couple months back to lengthen it to the rear wheel and just haven't bent the little piece and welded it back, it's so freakin loud. all in all she rode good! Those little china engines aren't that bad they just ain't a Briggs...

AND THEN!!!!

I SET MY motobike on fire! Was trying to set the idol, used my lighter to see the adjust screw. Didn't know there was a leake from a crack in the fuel filter... FRWOOSH! flames covered the gas line, carb and parts of the engine itself. I just knew that it was going to explode in my face if the flames got to the tank. I was blowing and slaping as hard as I could trying to get the flames out, Finally got it put out no injuries to myself or the bike, though my heart was beating so hard I thought I was going to pass out lol

Lesson learned? Don't work on anything gas powered in the dark without a flashlight

Looks good and yeah open flame around fuel is not a good thing unless you intend to start a fire....

Map