Chain won't move

GoldenMotor.com

Mellphis1

Jan 30, 2017
Newfoundland
Just finished building my first cruiser. Have done extensive research on proper build and measurement procedures. Had problems with clutch bucking bar after installing chain. After I tightened the flower nut to extremes then screwed the clutch cover back on in increments I was able to install the clutch cable. Now everything is attached, but the chain moves freely, not stopping on clutch plate. Please help. I've overcome serious troubleshooting problems and now am at a standstill on how to get the bike in the test mode.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds like you need to loosen flower nut - probably best if you read and perform all the steps for cable and clutch adjustment

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Sometimes the clutch gets stuck from the engine sitting around. Back the flower nut out till its flush with the bolt it screws on. Then make sure your chain isnt to tight. I got one of mine to pop loose by sitting on the bike, on a hill and slowly letting everything loosen up by just walking it down. Make sure your weight is on it and dont go fast it will put flat spots on your tire.