Noob, gonna build a bike

GoldenMotor.com

Kidd Brandon

Dec 1, 2013
New Brunswick
Hey,

I have grown a great interest recently in motorized bikes. I was always into cars, 600+cc bikes, within the last year electric vehicles. But now, I want a motorized bicycle.

Reasons
-cheap to build
-easy and cheap to work on
-the feeling of driving a motorbike
-MPG!!
-a simple build

What I'm looking for in the engine/drivetrain is
-reliability
-Great mpg
-20mph

All said and done I want to spend 300 or less for everything besides the bike itself. I don't need lights or anything fancy.

I'm looking to get a 4 stroke engine, kit with everything needed to build and drive within a day or two. If not kit, I will need to know all the parts il need to make it simple

I can have stuff welded for me.

Now for the frame

Because I want good mpg I want something light, but another part of me wants to build a chopper and I feel those are heavy.

I want something that has a nice relaxed layed back feel, comfort is big for me. Can someone give me names of styles and possible pictures and your opinions on each.

Opinions are welcome on everything I type, thank you!.wee.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
[QUOTE="Kidd Brandon]

All said and done I want to spend 300 or less for everything besides the bike itself. I don't need lights or anything fancy.

I'm looking to get a 4 stroke engine, kit with everything needed to build and drive within a day or two. If not kit, I will need to know all the parts il need to make it simple
[/QUOTE]
You can not buy a decent 4 stroke kit for $300
$400 plus is more realistic.

Last edited:

Kidd Brandon

Dec 1, 2013
New Brunswick
Okay, the only reason i wanted 4 stroke was so I didn't have to mix gas. How much would a 2 stroke cost? And is it possible to piece a good 4 stroke together for around 300?

Thanks!

livesteamfan

Oct 24, 2009
Palmetto, FL
If I'm right, a basic 2 stroke kit is about $200. Right now I'm working on a diy 4 stroke build and I think I'm in right about $350. I found the bike in the trash, I bought the 79cc engine that Harbor Freight sells, and everything else I found on eBay to make a jackshaft and drive the rear wheel which I had to replace because the hub was messed up. I also bought several different bearings and pieces of metal to make a jackshaft, but being it never worked out because I don't have the proper tools for it, I bought one that's premade and bolts onto the engine. If you took out everything I bought that I really didn't have to, I think I would be about $300 in it. If I didn't get the engine on sale like I did, it would be closer to $400. Good luck and have fun!