Need Help With Throttle Hook up

GoldenMotor.com

G22SANDERS

Jun 14, 2009
Manchester, Michigan
hey im garett i just joined the site a couple of days ago and iv had a few questions that id like to get answered. i just got my 80cc bike kit from boy go fast and yes ive heard thats not really a good person to buy from but i haven't had any problems yet. i just got the engine to run today after assembling it all yesterday. it runs great except for one little thing the throttle seems to be stuck wide open. ive tried alot of things hoping that i could fix it myself. i thought it was the slide not moving causing the problem but im not sure ive looked at alot of posts and just cant seem to find an answer a little bit of help or advise would be appreciated.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
with engine off,take the airfilter off twist throttle back and forth and look in carb and see if slide goes up and down,the groove in slide goes opposite the carb screw.
make sure your throttle cables are not binding or tied to bike tight or they will cause the throttle to stick open,plus with these cheap throttles sometimes they dont snap all the way back and you have to turn the throttle forward to idle down.

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
it runs great except for one little thing the throttle seems to be stuck wide open. ive tried alot of things hoping that i could fix it myself. i thought it was the slide not moving causing the problem but im not sure .
Full choke the running engine and if it just slows it down a bit and doesn't kill it
you have a massive air leak probably where the carb slides on the intake tube

maybe elsewhere too.....like the gasket at the barrel

I include an O ring to seal between there or you could use some kind of sealant

Get a # 11 O ring from Home Depot
3/4" OD x 9/16" ID x 3/32"

LUBE your throttle cable good too as they come dry and may break if you don't

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
yeah what he said.
putting a o-ring in the carb to intake really works good and stops the air leak and a little sealant on the intake helps.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
If it is an air leak put a bead of black permatex/RTV around the end of the intake before you put the carb on. That will usually seal it nicely.