Look what I found for my next project....

GoldenMotor.com

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
better find an old Harley engine for that 1.. it deserves it... pretty sure that's mid 50's vintige

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
I have been trying to figure out what year this thing is and so far its somewhere between 1940 and 1950. The guy I bought it from said his brother handed it down to him in the early 1950's after his brother got a new bike. I plan to powder coat it black and then match the striping and accent colors(I took ALOT of pictures for reference). It also came with a skip-tooth sprocket set up that is in pretty good shape. The bike was more or less covered in grease so not much rust just alot of cleaning. The fake gas tank has a push button switch that turns on a lighting system.......unfortunately he didnt have the lighting set up, so maybe it will be a kill switch. .sno.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
... The fake gas tank has a push button switch that turns on a lighting system.......unfortunately he didnt have the lighting set up, so maybe it will be a kill switch...
I was soo hoping you were gonna convert that faux tank into a real one. That would be super sweet on that bike.
Truly a beautiful bike.

Last edited:

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
I have been trying to figure out how to make the faux tank a real one and so far I think I could weld up the empty half and get about a half gallon out of it and keep the other side empty with the electrical stuff in the empty half.
.sno.

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
It's a beautiful bike! I would humbly suggest you DON'T repaint it- it looks awesome with the patina as it is.. Take er' down to the frame and clean everything, see what you have..

No matter what, you DID steal that gem, it will be a great build no matter what you do with it as long as you stay true to your vision..

Looking forward to updates!

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
I have looked all over the internet trying to figure out what year this thing is........does anyone know any good sites that might help me figure it out.....the markings on the bottom bracket are clear and totally legible but I cant find a site that can tell me anything about them.
.sno.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
All Crazy Horse can say is too kooL, keep it original, custom finish by mother nature, you might not want to piss her off it's awesome the way it's.
Peace Crazy Horse!

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
I have looked all over the internet trying to figure out what year this thing is........does anyone know any good sites that might help me figure it out.....the markings on the bottom bracket are clear and totally legible but I cant find a site that can tell me anything about them.
.sno.
Here's great vintage bike forum. http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/index.phpI wouldn't mention that your motorizing it. I don't know what they're attitude is over there.

It's a beautiful bike! I would humbly suggest you DON'T repaint it
I agree.
I think it looks great the way it is! I'd get it mechanically sound and put a motor on that thing!
Another thought, is you may want to check into the value of that bike it could be worth alot.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Why can't I ever find something like that? I hit the garage sales, flea markets and watch Craig's List but all I ever see is way overpriced junk or hundreds of high end mountain bikes. Rats! I'm so envoius. That is a beautiful find. Keep us posted. And please, please make that tank functional.
Tom

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
2door believe it or not my buddy found it just spinning thru craigslist and he knows that I am a bike nut so he let me know and I went and bought it the next day. The fella I purchased it from said that I was the first caller but after I called he said he got a flood of calls..........I got lucky for a change!
.sno.