How did they do this?

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Alot of bikes don't have enough space in the frame to mount these engines.Did the make a different tube for the carb or can it just be turned to the side. If it can be turned it will allow us to mount these motors on bikes that are laying around everywhare. thanks

Attachments

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Oh yes it can be done. You will have to make a new intake manifold with the angle you need to clear the seat tube. Very simple to do if you have a mig or tig welder, a little more challenging if you dont.

John

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I was hoping I could just turn it or maybe flip it around and turn it.I've been using the 4 stroke honda friction drive for about six months.(and love it) For some reason I want to build another "china girl" I just can't make up my mind on what kind of bike I want to use. stretch cruiser,chopper,700c,ITS JUST TOO HARD! LOL! . trk

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Hey "Toker", why do you love friction drive. It sounds like you have experience with both kinds of kits and your answer interests me. What kind of Honda kit do you have?

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I just like the 4 stroke better than the 2 strokes. (quiter,cleaner,way more reliable) If you've never rode a friction drive its hard to explain. The main reason I like our friction drives is mostly the assurance of the unit when I leave the house.Don't get me wrong I love to tinker with these bikes,but its also nice to have a unit that never lets you down.Friction drives get a bad rap about tire wear.Tire wear really isn't a factor.I mean on a brand new tire you get a little wear,but after it wears a litlle of the top of the tread there really isn't any wear.We got some in stock and ready to go $399 plus shipping Home Page

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
You know what?
I'm sitting here right now feeling really stupid. That is such a nice clean unit and Honda is the best and as you say, very reliable.
I think it's a case of pay me now, or pay me later and when all is said and done. I've spent way more than your kit would have cost.
I've bookmarked your site.......

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Call me if your interested.I don't like using this site as a place to advertise without paying these guys. This is an awsome site and i don't want to undermind these great guys!