Im New

GoldenMotor.com

mnbv217

Mar 7, 2013
Huntington Beach, Ca
Hey,
I'm new to the motor bike process but want to start. I was wondering if you guys know which kits are the easiest to assemble/ best for newer builders?
Thanks!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy MNBV, welcome.

Guess a friction drive would be the easiest but think you might be asking about Chinese, in frame, 2 stroke kits. For the most part none are any easier or harder then another. Lots and lots of thoughts and opinions. Best bet would be to just pour over the forum and see what you would enjoy the most.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I'm with Dan. Friction drive is the easiest to install and well suited to SoCal. When I was in the Marines, at the blimp base, in the 80's, I would ride my bicycle to Hunington Beach and back down the Santa Ana river channel during my lunch break. Good times.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey,
I'm new to the motor bike process but want to start. I was wondering if you guys know which kits are the easiest to assemble/ best for newer builders?
Thanks!
Is your bike going to be used to commute on?
or is it more of a fun hobby for you?

Are you handy with a wrench?

How much do you want to spend on a build?
$200? $400?
Do you have a bike you are planning on using?

What kind of bikes are you leaning towards?
Lotsa questions. :)

mnbv217

Mar 7, 2013
Huntington Beach, Ca
Is your bike going to be used to commute on?
or is it more of a fun hobby for you?

Are you handy with a wrench?

How much do you want to spend on a build?
$200? $400?
Do you have a bike you are planning on using?

What kind of bikes are you leaning towards?
Lotsa questions. :)
It would propably be more of a hobby, though if it turns out good, I might commute to work or other places.
Im fairly handy with tools, and i would like to keep it around $200.
Bike-wise, I have a cruiser with a gearshift, but i was thinking of just purchasing a one-speed cheap cruiser off of craigslist for this project.
Thanks.