Florida

GoldenMotor.com

=hektek101=

Feb 10, 2013
FLA
Hey everyone-

Great forum with lots of knowledge, if I'd only had signed up sooner and asked a few questions seeing as I'm halfway done the project.. well, 3/4 of the way.. but oh well. I'm here now.

Like I said, there is awesome knowledge in here and I'm going to start a thread building my first bike. I hope others can learn like I did from where things went wrong and what I did to fix them. I'm sure there will be lots of people building the same model I got because it's wall-mart and it's under a hundred bucks. For a first time bike, it's a good one to learn how to build with.

The bike I'm building is a Huffy Nel-Lusso with a grubee 80cc, and when it's paint job get's a little roughed up I'll be giving it a custom paint job as well since airbrushing is one of my trades as well as tattooing.

I also live in Florida, one of the more controversial states on motorized bikes. So I will also be sharing any personal experiences with others if I should have problems with authorities. From gathered information I've gotten so far from riders, a cop, a few store owners, and records, there are some cops that will have nothing better to do and try to bag you because the law is written so vague. But they always end up thrown out in court by the judge. So hopefully they will be fixing the law down here soon. I'll be riding mostly in the Jensen Beach area.

livesteamfan

Oct 24, 2009
Palmetto, FL
Very nice! I've had mixed results while riding around. Most cops don't really care, and the ones that do say that no matter what the engine size, top speed, or if it has peddles or not, it is required to be licensed as a motorcycle. It's also the same if you're riding it at 10mph down the sidewalk. They'll get you for anything if they feel like it. Then if someone hits you because they never saw you, it's your fault no matter what. I was recently hit by someone and even after hearing my side of the story, comparing it to his, and realizing they were identical, I still have to pay over $1200 to his insurance company because I was riding an unregistered motor vehicle. If police were called to the scene, which thankfully they weren't, my bike would've been impounded and I would be in jail. I don't know what they're like on your side of the state, but here in Palmetto, Fl, it sucks. I don't know what things are like on your side of the state, and no matter what the law says, it really depends on the officer. About 90% of the time, they really don't care and won't look twice.

=hektek101=

Feb 10, 2013
FLA
Thanks guys,
Boy that stinks about the law here. But *****ing and complaining never got me too far so i won't be doing any of that. And i certainly won't let that stop me from riding because we need as many of us out there as we can get to make a statement and get these laws changed. I just think its ridiculous, its not a Harley its an assisted pedal bike that a lot of people rely on to keep their job and whatnot. If i do end up getting pulled over ill have to really bite my toung because ill have a lot to say.

I live in Jensen Beach, St.Lucie county. There's another guy that rides i met him at dunkin donuts one day and got his number and he's been doing this for years so he's got good information. Then there's a younger kid down the road I've met that's just beginning and we traded Facebook info to.contact another so once my bikes running there will be 3 of us here cruising the beach so by all means, if anyone else is in the area and wants to link up that would be great. Perhaps we can get some petitions going and brainstorm ideas to fix these laws in Florida. After all, there IS power in numbers.

Does anyone know if there's an android app for this fourm? Would sure make things easier and can upload pics right from my phone to this site with ease..

Take care and thanks for the welcomes into the community from you guys it really helps a lot with deciding what forum to stick with. A few welcomes is better than none! Lol

Stuartbikeguy

Feb 5, 2013
Stuart, Fl
Hi I'm in Stuart, FL right down the road from Jensen beach I have been riding for over a year now and have not had any trouble at all from the cops. I see the cops all the time getting coffee at circle K and they seem mostly supportive of the bike. Just don't be stupid and follow trafic rules and you should have no problems. I am also new to this forum. I have ridden the bike in the jensen area many times no trouble crossing Roosevelt bridge I use the road not the sidewalk.

=hektek101=

Feb 10, 2013
FLA
Hi I'm in Stuart, FL right down the road from Jensen beach I have been riding for over a year now and have not had any trouble at all from the cops. I see the cops all the time getting coffee at circle K and they seem mostly supportive of the bike. Just don't be stupid and follow trafic rules and you should have no problems. I am also new to this forum. I have ridden the bike in the jensen area many times no trouble crossing Roosevelt bridge I use the road not the sidewalk.
Well thats pretty comforting to hear, glad you have not had any issues with LEO'S on your bike..

Went surfing all day yesterday and still working on the engine on the SUV so I still dont have this bike running just yet..

Thanks for the reply it's very good to know.

.shft.