Meadville Pa checkin in...

GoldenMotor.com

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Never really liked thes welcome posts becaue I never really know what to say but My names Andy, I live in Meadville Pa and am here to I suppose meet osme new friends and find help with the Grubee kit I just got today ;-)

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
Howdy from the midstate!

There are quite a few Penna folks here. We are more than happy to help you get up to speed.

Tell us about the project you're about to start. :)

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
I'm waiting on my first post to be approved about the rear sprocket, thought I would try and start with something easy for you guys heh. As for my project... I got the Grubee Skyhawk 2011 GT5 66/80cc kit from KingMotorBikes.com

So far everything checks out but I'm waiting on a replacement CNS high prformance carb filter since the one I got came smooshed which should sill work til the replacement gets here.

As for the bike, I forget how many gears it has, 6-8 but it's a NEXT bike. The downward tube is on the fat site though so I guess I got lucky when I also ordered the univeral mounting kit from KMB. Already got the engine mounted but not tightened, wanted to get the rear sprocket on then try and align em together. Anyway, more to come later in ome on topic posts but that's the gist of what I got goin on right now ;-)

Last edited:

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
Sounds like a good plan. You could mount the engine now if you wanted to. You want it centered on the frame. You pretty much get what you get with the alignment. You just want to make sure the engine is rock solid in the frame. If it shifts to the side while you're at speed, you get to take a ride on the worst amusement park ride ever. If you think the motor is tight, grab the frame and the head, and see if you can make it move. Put some muscle into it. It shouldn't budge.

One thing you can do while you wait... Port match the intake and exhaust. The ports on the cylinder head are much larger than the muffler and intake manifold. First, cut the gaskets to closter match the cylinder head, then use a dremel or file to cut the muffler/intake manifold. These will help the engine make more power.

Lastly, you can help the head gasket seal better by lapping the head and cylinder. The mating surfaces are not as smooth and uniform as they should be. A sheet of 400 grit sandpaper in a sheet of glass is what you need for this. In fact, I didn't have a handy sheet of glass, so I used the front door of my house. Don't tell my wife about that...