Gas To Electric

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
hey guys
Yesterday i was reading make after our session of testing (Make - Volume 14) and i saw this article about some people who took a Honda Rebel with a blown engine and turned it into electric. i was thihnking about doing the same but to a pocket bike.
input?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I would try it on something that is already titled and street legal. I saw a post on another forum where a guy made an E-Knock (Kikker Hardknock Bobber with electric drive train).
I thought a Whizzer Ambassador with a sick motor would be perfect for an electric conversion, but Whizzer fans would consider that blasphemy!
Such a conversion will be much easier if you can find an electric hub motor that will fit your donor electric motorbike.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
I would try it on something that is already titled and street legal. I saw a post on another forum where a guy made an E-Knock (Kikker Hardknock Bobber with electric drive train).
I thought a Whizzer Ambassador with a sick motor would be perfect for an electric conversion, but Whizzer fans would consider that blasphemy!
Such a conversion will be much easier if you can find an electric hub motor that will fit your donor electric motorbike.
Yes, i thought about a hub-motor. I could use the space were the motor was for batteries. But the budget comes first ;)

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Goldenmotor.com. $180 for a hub motor. Woooow. I can get a 1000 watt scooter motor for 60!
Maybe some sort of rear drive instead with a little front assist. Hmmmm.