Who can be first?

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Who can be the first to fabricate a ready to go finger throttle for the china girls? That way everyone can get them some nice foam grips! Go!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i was thinking of going for the old ATC thumb throttle. they're super cheap on Ebay. i kinda want to be able to hold onto my bars all the time. i hate hitting bumps at speed and getting squirrely with my throttle.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i was thinking of going for the old ATC thumb throttle. they're super cheap on Ebay. i kinda want to be able to hold onto my bars all the time. i hate hitting bumps at speed and getting squirrely with my throttle.
Which is exactly why spring loaded twist grip throttles were invented. Gripping the handlebars with a full hand is the best way to have control of your bike. Sharing the duties of throttling and steering isn't the best. I've also seen where guys use a click shifter for a throttle. They say its like having cruise control. In my opinion that's an accident waiting to happen. I want my engine to go to idle when I let go of the grip, not have to reach for and move a lever. You wouldn't do that on a car or motorcycle; why would anyone do that on a motorized bicycle?

Tom

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
You can slide the foam grips on your throttle!?!? You can use most any grip you want!
Exactly. As long as the grip has some stretch to it (like a foam grip) it'll fit over the throttle. Picked up a little tip from a guy at Wally World when I bought my grips. He said to use hairspray on the bars and in the grips and let me tell you it worked GREAT! The grip slipped right over the throttle and after a few minutes it was stuck.