New/Wanting to build

GoldenMotor.com

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
Hello, I want to build a boardtracker bike. Im coming from mopeds, and love 2 stroke motors. Can any one give me some advice as far as these go=
1. motor=thinking about the spooky tooth cycles, the 66c GT5. My state laws arnt too harsh, and I have rode 40mph with cops all day and night. Will any kit allow me to cruise at 40?
2. Frame= I want a boardtracker style frame and tank, aswell as springer front forks.

I dont want to shell out alot of money on this. The whole motor assembly will be 150 max, then whatever the frame/wheels/seat/tank/bars are.
Thanks

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
No kit will allow you to cruise at 40 all day without some minor tweaking and a 36 or 40 tooth sprocket.

Other than that, buy one from about any vendor here, my vote goes to thatsdax.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
There is a shifter kit available that should allow you to get that type of speed. However, I beg you to consider that these are bicycles and aren't designed for the type stress that those speeds put on the system. A critical frame failure at 40 mph can be extremely painful/fatal! If you want to run with the big dogs get a motorcycle!

drn2

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I know this doesn't fit your current thoughts, but if I were building again new for the first time, I'd get a cheap track fixie bike on e-bay (under "track bicycles") and they sell for about $230-

You get a complete bike that's minimal- and has a rear flip flop hub that our sprockets fit right onto and lockdown (at least laterally) with a reverse threaded lockring-

Flip/flop wheelsets alone are over 100 dollars-

a minimal bike with two handbrakes, narrow 700 C wheels and lightweight- This thing would really roll! I think I'd go now iwth a smaller 50 cc anyway, and get a 36 sprocket right off, for a better cruise-

I got a Micargi cruiser multi-sped cruiser, and the sprocket fits over this hub too, with no modifications, but doesn't thread or lockdown - so the rubber and heavy metal backplates are needed-

Although with a 36 and smooth 1.75 tires, this 66 can go as fast as I want to go anyway, it's still heavier than I'd like, and I'm itching to try some 700c wheels with a high flange flip flop hub, to bolt a sprocket directly to, and eliminate all the other rubber and plates--

they'd fit the cruiser even, if I put road brakes on- but then again, no.