Obligatory Greetings

GoldenMotor.com

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Hello Motorbicycling.com!
I just signed up here to ask ThatsDax some questions, still waiting on his reply (it's been maybe two minutes)
I live in Ontario and my Bike is a Schwinn OCC Stingray Because the kid on Kijiji had no idea it was worth more than 150 dollars. no engine yet but thanks to lurking here is have already sought out and purchased a motor mount from Barry on Ebay (got his exhaust too) grabbed a sprocket adapter from BikeBerry.com as well.

Now for the part of this post that calls myself out for naivety: I have no real previous mechanical experience (changed some spark plugs on a Toyota once... also Legos) and I plan to use this bike as a daily driver once summer rolls around.

PedalChoppers Three speed Jokey-shift kit is already earmarked for if i win the lottery.
and in conclusion, this forum has some really cool emoticons!
cflg

Here's hoping my experience with the bike and this forum are as awesome as y'all make it look, Have a fantastic evening!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. These engines are great for learning mechanical work. There is no computer or sensors to complicate things. If it doesn't run, its lack of fuel or lack of ignition.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Thanks for the Welcome!

I can already feel it beneath my skin...

The simplicity of these motors is very attractive to me, KISS principle and all that.
that and cost to own, budget transportation solutions For The Win!

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard, GoreWound.

You're right; the simplicity is just beautiful. And these bikes are a lot of fun.

You say that you don't have much mechanical experience? Well, you're about to get it. Because these bikes are often temperamental and need a lot of TLC.

But the good news is that it's not all that hard. And keeping on top of the bike and keeping it in good working shape is rewarding.

You'd do well to read as many of these threads as you possibly can. That'll likely keep you from making some errors. The sort of errors that are all too likely when you're unfamiliar with them.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty, I am yet to not enjoy doing so in the past.
also, a combination of limited income and general weariness have had me researching this for almost a year now, so I am super exited to get hands on!