New fool thats ol' skool!

GoldenMotor.com

olskool37

Aug 30, 2014
Dover, Pa
Hey there, been lurking and waiting patiently to buy/build a gas bike, and just recently was told by a co-worker that his neighbor had a motorized bike for sale...$20!. What'd I do?... I bought the dang thing of course!! Now Im in the process of seeing just how good/bad my investment really is before I swap the kit over to my vintage Murray beach cruiser (Monterey). The end game results will be to use the newly acquired frame and build up some early 1920's board track bike.
Im hoping to end up with something I can strap to the back of my '37 Pontiac and look like its from that time period.
Hotrodder, machinist, all around decent dude.. & I hope to learn alot to keep my 'new' hobby scootin' on down the road!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy and welcome to the fold!!

This is a great place to hang-out and sometimes learn a few tricks.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Several old hot rodders here so you're in good company.

If the bike runs you made a good investment. $20.00 ? You did good.
Let us know if we can offer any help. Sounds like you have the basic knowledge but motorized bicycles can be 'quirky' in some respects. Just ask or use our search feature to get advice if/when you need it. Good luck, have fun.

Tom

olskool37

Aug 30, 2014
Dover, Pa
thanks all, I've already tapped the search box for some mounting knowledge, but its good to know I can ask specific questions as well...lots of great info and tips that Ive seen here already!