New twist clutch lever!

GoldenMotor.com

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I've said this before, I grew up riding motorcycles, so it just feels more natural to keep all the controls the same as on a MC.
i agree, ive never taken a real motorcycle for a ride, but the conventional controls seem like the best way to do it, after all, people have been building motorbikes for over a hundred years and most settled on the "clutch lever on the left, throttle and brake lever on the right" scheme, so its probably the best way to do it.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
I was thinking of just simply using another throttle as a clutch. Just to try it out. I got a spare but I'd need to buy another clutch arm before I do that. Mine has a bolt sheared off in it. *emoticon: frowny face* I've been wanting to do this for years on jap motorcycles seeing as how Harley clutches are hard enough to pull in comparison.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
flintstone brakes. that's the way to go...
Back when I was a teen, it was cool for all of us to run our BMX bikes without any brakes. We would shove our foot sideways in the fork & wheel to stop!
I had to build up the bottom of my shoes with Shoe Goo so they wouldn't wear out so fast!! :D

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
same here. except i'd wedge my foot in the back, behind the seat, where the brakes should have been mounted.

this whole twisty clutch thing just makes me think that having two loose grips on a bike is a bad idea.

whenever i'm hitting unexpected bumps at high speed with no suspension, it seems hard enough to keep my right hand on the throttle. if both my hands are twisting around, i dunno what would happen, but it would probably end up in disaster. at least with a clutch lever, i can pull that in and still maintain a solid grip on my bike.

but whatever anyone else wants to do, i don't care. it ain't my bike...