Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
what is it for you all that makes the bicycle with a motor so appealing? for me is partly i like to be different then everyone else and i have still yet to meet in person someone that has a bicycle with a motor on it. the other part for me was actually putting it all together and trouble shooting all the problems to get it to perform how i wanted. lastly it is a blast to ride. i commute back and forth to work and have seen everything from a hawk dropping on a mouse, a coyote hunting to a group of turkeys with 4 toms strutting. these are all things i would have missed if i had been driving my truck. the gas mileage is also nice but to be honest it is more of excuse to keep the wife off my back lol

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
For me, it's a break for the work and family life just to hang out with good friends and cruise aound. I'm actually digging the cruises more than racing these days.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Solitude of the ride.
Cheap easy to repair/maintain "motorcycle" without all the trapping of a motorcycle (which I have a couple of).

Very easy to "personalize" or customize.
Cheap!
Novelty transportation...can't go in public without a million questions.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Indeed - we drive cars/trucks that are very much the same...sure different colors, maybe some other small differences.....but look at the small sampling of bikes here. Sure lots of us have similar engines....but look, everyone attached it slightly differently and it just goes from there. So compare that to the rest of the zombie clones who know nothing of motorized bikes?? Sheesh we are Andy Warhol x 1 bazillion!! rotfl(^):D

Autocycler

Feb 14, 2008
Metro Washington, DC
I love tinkering, so with these bikes there's never a lack of projects. Plus, I really like riding something that nobody else has.

Just as Cruiser said, you get a really nice view of the world from the saddle of a motrized bike.