Worksman Board Track Racer Tribute Drop Loop Frames Wanted

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
re: Worksman Board Track Racer Tribute Drop Loop Frames Wanted

CH, when you say your wife is still with us you are saying this is more than a cold.

I can't think that any one on the site would have you do anything other than look after your wifes care. The frames will look after themselves. Your wifes illness will not.

God bless and our family wishes your wife a speedy recovery and you peace of mind.

Steve

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona

CH, when you say your wife is still with us you are saying this is more than a cold.

I can't think that any one on the site would have you do anything other than look after your wifes care. The frames will look after themselves. Your wifes illness will not.

God bless and our family wishes your wife a speedy recovery and you peace of mind.

Steve
what he said (I couldn't say it any better :))

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Joe, you both are on our prayer list. Please, please know you have us and are cared for.
If you get a spare moment, please let us know how you both are.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

if there is any way we can help Joe.

Your absolutely right, Family above every thing else.

Please send our very best wishes.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

CH, I would think everyone on this site is pulling for your wifes complete recovery.

Some may not of heard of her illness but for all the work you have put into the workman build I think it will always be yours. At least in my mind for the small comfort that is. Won't keep you warm on a cold night though.

When most people said it won't work,{myself included} you,Wyatt and a lot of other knowledgeble people stepped in and got it going.

I would hope that Workman and every one else can wait until you and your wife are over this difficult time in your lives.

My only hope is that GOD grants your wife a full and complete recovery.

Steve.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

It seems as if Crazy Horse's idea of contacting Worksman and expressing the need for them to build the "Board Track" frames has been hijacked. From what I understand another party is involved and want's to make some money off this idea. Our intention with this was to bring sales to Worksman and have a source for the frames.

I for one will not buy from other than Worksmans on the mere principal of the idea. Just my two cents as a customer and a hobbyist.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

I'm solidly behind Crazy Horse and Workman, RedB66. If someone would sneak in and steal the show from them for thier own profit using everyone elses good work then I hope everyone on the sight freezes them out.
Sad to think that anyone would use a moment like this to benefit themselves.

There are a lot of words for a person like this but I just settle for dispicable low life.

If this "person?" want to challenge what's been said, please speak up.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Joe is the Man. 100% behind the Insane quadruped

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles

CH, we wish you family strength & a speedy recovery.

Can somebody explain the politics of what is going on with Worksman & the moderators? I am not sure I understand how anyone besides Worksman stands to make money off the BTR project if Worksman is the only one selling the frames & bikes. Are these 2 guys trying to sell Worksman the blueprints on how to do this simple modification? In which case, it would be very easy fro Worksman to do it themselves.

Are they trying to sell Worksman the engines to then install (something Worksman will never go for). Can somebody explain what the issue is?

Seems to me that the only big affect of Worksman doing these frames would be that it will be cheaper to buy a BTR frame (a good thing of course) & that it will put the custom modification builders out of what little business they currently have (not so good for them).

Thanks!r.ly.

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix

I have to chime in here. I must say that custom modification builders have a place in the motorbike community as much as the rest of us. You speak of them as if they are a scourge. I am a custom builder not a modifier, and yes this will cut into my business as well however, I still support Joe and his efforts it only benifits our members some hobby builder want semi custom frames. I have said this before in the forum........and I quote

"Small parts add up fast! Just for example I work at ACE hardware and get a discount on my purchases and I bought a handfull of nuts and bolts for my leaf spring fork it added up to over $25. I understand the want to build on a budget after all this is a hobby. However, when fabricating "tribute" bikes there are so many parts that are not inculded in any kit. Just ask anyone who has a brooks leather saddle. Another example would be my internal throttle I spent over $65 on it plus shipping cost of anything you can't get locally. If you break it down further...custom welding can cost upwards of $30 an hour. Our time fabricating is just part of that. There is a price on our time. Not to mention your expendables such as wire for welding, tips, weld gas, grinding wheels, saw blades, etc. I could keep going and going. In conculsion we should not assume that a build will only cost a certain amount by adding up only the cost of the big ticket items like a husky frame and a kit to bolt on. Anybody who has built from "scratch" would agree. We are all in this together."

Once again keep this in mind. We are not a factories.

CH, we wish you family strength & a speedy recovery.

Can somebody explain the politics of what is going on with Worksman & the moderators? I am not sure I understand how anyone besides Worksman stands to make money off the BTR project if Worksman is the only one selling the frames & bikes. Are these 2 guys trying to sell Worksman the blueprints on how to do this simple modification? In which case, it would be very easy fro Worksman to do it themselves.

Are they trying to sell Worksman the engines to then install (something Worksman will never go for). Can somebody explain what the issue is?

Seems to me that the only big affect of Worksman doing these frames would be that it will be cheaper to buy a BTR frame (a good thing of course) & that it will put the custom modification builders out of what little business they currently have (not so good for them).

Thanks!r.ly.

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles

Halcyon, don't get your panties in a bunch nor go putting words in my mouth...I never said the customs were a scourge! I appreciate the work of the better builders out there.

There is no doubt that the Worksman BTR will cut into the biz of the guys using the Worksman stock frames in their custom builds. Since this does not include you. it does not apply to you. And there is no doubt that those people looking to keep the costs of their tribute builds will appreciate this. This is simple economics ; ).

My question is, what do the two current Worksman moderators have to lose or gain by there being two mods working with Worksman on this project. Seems that 2 heads would be better than 1. Is it just a matter of claim to fame or is mod b muscling in on some business proposition of mod a?

Please keep in mind that I don't know either gent, I am just curious.

Thanks!

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

What I gather from just reading is Joe wanted to try and get Worksman to produce a BT drop loop frame so people could have them readily available without having to cut and modify a superbly built frame. The other party talked Joe into letting him into the negotiations with Worksman but he seems to have taken over all the negotiations with Worksman during Joe's absence to his own gains, freezing Joe out completely, possibly to line himself up as being a sole distributor of the BT frame.

Just my take on this.

:edit: Ok this is weird! What happened to all of Crazy Horse's posts in this thread? All there is now is
Deleted Errors.
for the fist post and all his other posts are gone! What IS going on?

Last edited:

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles

What I gather from just reading is Joe wanted to try and get Worksman to produce a BT drop loop frame so people could have them readily available without having to cut and modify a superbly built frame. The other party talked Joe into letting him into the negotiations with Worksman but he seems to have taken over all the negotiations with Worksman during Joe's absence to his own gains, freezing Joe out completely, possibly to line himself up as being a sole distributor of the BT frame.

Just my take on this.

:edit: Ok this is weird! What happened to all of Crazy Horse's posts in this thread? All there is now is
for the fist post and all his other posts are gone! What IS going on?
I see. Wouldn't that be a first for Worksman - sole distribution?

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State

Kevlarr hit the nail on the head.

It's not the Moderators as a whole.....This is my personal take on it. The fact that I'm a Mod is irrellevant.

Crazy Horse personally deleted all his post as a result of frustration!!

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix

Please do not use put downs on the forum such as "panties in a bunch" I was not getting personal with you. In turn I ask the same of you. I was felt your comment led to the idea of putting others out of business because of price. I was thinking of fellow builders. We are all fustrated about this development. Sorry if you took offense to my opinion.

Halcyon, don't get your panties in a bunch nor go putting words in my mouth...I never said the customs were a scourge! I appreciate the work of the better builders out there.

There is no doubt that the Worksman BTR will cut into the biz of the guys using the Worksman stock frames in their custom builds. Since this does not include you. it does not apply to you. And there is no doubt that those people looking to keep the costs of their tribute builds will appreciate this. This is simple economics ; ).

My question is, what do the two current Worksman moderators have to lose or gain by there being two mods working with Worksman on this project. Seems that 2 heads would be better than 1. Is it just a matter of claim to fame or is mod b muscling in on some business proposition of mod a?

Please keep in mind that I don't know either gent, I am just curious.

Thanks!

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix

Sorry for the frustration, On the subject I was more than willing to produce tanks with Joe for the worksman frame however, I will NOT work with anyone who took all of Joe's hard work away from him at such a time. We all hope Joe and his family are well. Best Wishes Joe.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

Re: SIGNUP Worksman Board Track Racer & Road Style Tribute Bicycles

Hello, Everyone -

I have been trying to handle the stresses associated with a loved one who is currently fighting for her life & trying to deal/survive with a spinal cord tumor that is called an Ependymoma; it's a tumor that is growing inside the spinal cord itself. She has days now of symptoms and days of total incapacitation.

I'll do all I can to promote this endeavor. There are many other people who have offered input and suggestions for this project, and to them I'm forever greatful for their support those of you know who you are!

Some of you are: RedB66, Jim@Creative Engineering, Chuck@Halcyon, Acme Motorbikes, and many others on the Motorbicycling.com forum & RatRodBikes.com. All of us would LOVE to see Worksman build these boardtrack racer frames, in addition to all of the Worksman forum/discussion board members who are also interested.

Due to finances & lifes obstacles I'm at a crossroads with my input for these new Worksman BTR frames/bicycles, which could change CREATOR willing.

First I'd like to start by saying that I started this endeavor in the hopes of convincing Worksman Cycles to produce these BT frames/bicycles for anyone who'd like to build one & motorize it themselves.

If Worksman could do this it would allow those who don't weld the opportunity to build one for themselves in a somewhat less expensive route than going to a weld shop or paying $900.00 dollars for a rolling chassis from D.... Motor Bicycles or one of his completed bikes which are very nice but will set you back $1800.00 plus shipping from Washington State

It was my decision to allow & offer to a fellow member here in the forum the opportunity to handle negotiations directly with Worksman Cycles, and i have no regrets I wish him nothing but success.

Everyone please be patient it's still possible that Worksman Cycles may produce these bikes for sale from them directly.

I've been in contact with the original Worksman boardtrack racer builder in Washington State who was the first to modify a Worksman Industrial Newspaper Boy Cruiser for conversion to a tribute boardtrack racer. He's supplied me with all measurements and modifications to produce the Worksman modified Newspaper Boy Cruiser tribute boardtrack racer bicycle, which are presently being sold through D.... Motorized Bicycles.

In the mean time those of you who'd like to purchase a stock Worksman newspaper boy cruiser for modification, as I noted above a kind gentleman from Washington State who taught D.... how to modify these stock bikes has given me the correct measurements so you to can modify your Worksman.

Again till Worksman decides yay or nay to offer these bikes ready made for sale direct from them, you can still take your bike to a local professional weld shop for the modifications, or I could modify it for you.

Peace All
Crazy Horse aka Joe.

P.S. I'd like to ask all forum members that you have a right to your own opinions, but please do not bash our fellow member who is still working with worksman to build these frames to make this a reality, even though I'm now out of the Loop with this endeavor regarding any direct Worksman negotiations I'd like you all to show him the same support you've shown me, if I were in his shoes I know I would appreciate it!

SeattleRider

Sep 23, 2009
Seattle

Re: SIGNUP Worksman Board Track Racer & Road Style Tribute Bicycles

I've been in contact with the original Worksman boardtrack racer builder in Washington State who was the first to modify a Worksman Industrial Newspaper Boy Cruiser for conversion to a tribute boardtrack racer. He's supplied me with all measurements and modifications to produce the Worksman modified Newspaper Boy Cruiser tribute boardtrack racer bicycle, which are presently being sold through D.... Motorized Bicycles.

In the mean time those of you who'd like to purchase a stock Worksman newspaper boy cruiser for modification, as I noted above a kind gentleman from Washington State who taught D.... how to modify these stock bikes has given me the correct measurements so you to can modify your Worksman.
Thanks Joe! Hope everything turns out ok for your loved one!

On another note... If anyone was interested in seeing said "original Worksman builder" bike frame...then see my bike below. Rick Gilmore is his name and he told me that I can pass around his info if anyone needs a worksman frame made for them. Joe is right, he's a great guy and very talented!

This is his work...I bought this worksman framed bike from him.

joey185

Nov 16, 2008
Oregon

Worksman was on Good Morning America this morning for showing how bad the economy is. I want one of there custom frames, springer fork etc. but just cant figure out how to do or get built a tank. Have an engine and white balloon tires waiting
It seems you could just use the newspaper frame stock, put a seatpost that slopes back and it would look very much like a derringer. If someone could just put a tank between those top tubes it could be better than a derringer ( those moped tanks are weird) I think I'm going this route but I dont know anyone here that could build a tank. ( very very small town I'm in )

Last edited: