Worksman Board Track Racer Tribute Drop Loop Frames Wanted

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
re: Worksman Board Track Racer Tribute Drop Loop Frames Wanted

And how Crazy Horse. We have talked about this between ourselves and Workman may not want to have motors put on thier frames due to legal resposibility problems.
That said, they are also business people and I am sure are on the outlook for more business. If you want a frame that is made properly,is rugged and not junk and most of all, is made in America Workman is your only choice.

No they are not an under a $100 bike but by the time you swap out all the junk wheels and cranks ect. you are well on your way to the same money and your not getting that good Workman quality frame.
This won't make a lot of difference to the builder on a budget or the want to try it out first builder but when the time comes I do believe they will be glad the frames/bikes are available.

If your a dedicated track bike builder or you just want a frame that works for every motor do as Crazy Horse asks. Take a few minutes to register and tell Workman that there is a demand for a frame like that and mention the site and the fact we have 10,000 possible buyers. When you are bolting your motor in your bike you will be glad you did.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Crazy Horse-- I'm kind of shocked that he will do it for 20 frames. Was sure it would be a 100 at least. I'm in. Do they want a deposit did he say or do we call a ask to be put on the list?
What a great thing this will be for builders and one off people like me.

Last time I welded it involved flashing light,people in uniform and a whole lot of heat.
I had to promise the Judge I would never weld again.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

My guess would be if they were available they would sell since all we see is ,where can I get a frame like that.
Time to step up to the plate, builders.
The next thing is to have someone building the tanks.

Steve.

TheBeak

Feb 25, 2009
Blue Hill Maine/ California

Crazy horse i just registered on there
hope we can get it done i would love one of these frames, plus there american
can't beat it

I want one of these so bad

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Since Crazy Horse is good enough to spear head this I would like to point out that he and I discussed this and I was working on the theory that Workman was not going to move for less than a 100 bike/frame min.
Now it seems they would consider it for 20-30 units. Having to have parts made when I owned my own business this is a gift.
We should consider this. Every bike builder who has posted on this forum about the poor quality frames that we have to use, now is the time to be counted.
A high quality frame, made it America and Crazy Horse is putting it together for us. Now is the time to stand up and make your self known.
Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Crazy Horse--If Workman says yes we'll be trampled in the stampeed to get one. They will be the people who won't do anything until the frames are available.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Joe-- myself I'm in for the whole bike. I don't see any reason, at least in my case, to mix and match parts. It seem the Workman wheels are a bit of a gold standard and thier engineering saves me the problem of trying to build a better bike.

I want an, add a motor and side car and let the road stretch on forever.

Steve.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento

Hey Crazy Horse, with out 11.5 inches of clearance, this bike will be doomed to the 2-stroke, which the Government is currently looking to eliminate.
Contact me if you like, BUT if no provision is made for the 4-stroke it could be a dead end?

Mike

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Thanks for all your work CH, great idea!!! What I have been searching for is a classic steel frame that can accommodate a HS or Honda 50cc 4 stroke engine with the bottom bracket forward of the engine. With the engine doing the work, almost has to have a bent seat post. So as not to be on your toes.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Crazy horse--The tall cruiser is more the frame style for the bike I want to build BUT how great of Workman to work with you on putting this together.
Does anyone make the old road style handle bars that reach back and are close together?

Steve.

scottyo

Jul 20, 2009
boston

I'd be interested in purchasing a loop down frame like these if they become available.

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix

Just a quick question...where will the fuel tanks come from and what will a person be willing to pay for one?

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix

I have to ask what is "cheap"? And what does is come with and how does it mount. Is is ready to paint and mount up? I would be willing to produce a tank for the worksman frame. I just need to know what price point I have to hit for the budget minded builders. There is obviously a need for this. Please give me feedback and I will work somthing out. FYI I do build quality. I have been posting for my recent tank build of another frame.
Jim from "Manic Mechanic" has offered to produce the tanks for "Cheap" as he says.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

I think it's a matter of what do you need to make a profit? If you suddenly find you have 50 tanks to build, what do you need to make it worth while? I don't think 50 to start is out of the question if Workman builds the frames and in both styles.
The pro builders are going to buy a quality tank if it speeds thier build time and they may want more than one.

Steve.

HalcyonCycleWorks

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix

I agree. I will crunch some #'s and see what I can do for the price of our forum members. Naturally I will have to purchace the two frame styles to make a template from. So when this is said and done I will have two prototype frames with tanks to sell unless I really like them. I am just taking a guess that the tanks might be around $80. If anyone knows where I can get the 2-stroke bike kit gas tanks for really cheap. I have seen them for $20 + shipping. I ask because I was going to use the filler bung and cap and the petcock and bung out of them. This would help with the cost. This would be a big help if anyone has suggestions.
I think it's a matter of what do you need to make a profit? If you suddenly find you have 50 tanks to build, what do you need to make it worth while? I don't think 50 to start is out of the question if Workman builds the frames and in both styles.
The pro builders are going to buy a quality tank if it speeds thier build time and they may want more than one.

Steve.

wildwestrider

Apr 17, 2009
Austin, Tejas

I just signed up on the Worksman forum. If the price is right,.....Im down for one or two. I'll want a fuel tank from someone.....Halcyon or Jim at Manic....and would like to see a drum brake integrated into the front wheel by Worksman. Im also only interested if a Honda/HS 4 stroke will fit the frame.

Now if we could just get someone to build a 49cc 4 stroke that had a vintage 4 stroke look with a round cylinder head leaning forward and no shroud or pull start.

Brian in Austin

twofoot

May 31, 2009
Danbury, CT

Any news on the project? I signed up at the Worksman site. I'm ready for one frame and one tank for now. Drum brakes up front are a must have option.

Thx.

Chris