Something wonderful happened today!

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I recently had a customer who traded me a MOTORHOME for a 49cc mtb only to have it stolen from his driveway after he had ridden it less than two hours.
I made a post on the theft here in Memphis and was contacted a few days ago by a gentleman who claimed to have a motorized bike laying in his garage he was willing to DONATE to replace my customers lost bike.
Of course, being craigslist, I was extremely skeptical, but kept hoping.
Well, it turned out to be legit. I just got off the phone with the guy and am going to pick it up tomorrow morning.
No idea what kind or shape, but the thought alone is simply wonderful. It really makes me feel good to know there are still a few decent people among all the thieves and scammers on craigslist.
I will get it running and ready and get some pics when I deliver the replacement bike to this sweet old guy. I know he is going to be thrilled and totally surprised when I spring this on him...:):):).flg.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Excellent....

After getting the bile if you find that there is a part that you need and dont have just holler at me, if its something I have and can donate to the project ill be more than happy to ship it to you for helping get that bike gong good for that poor fella that got ripped off.

And who ever stole that bike.... I hope they wreck the sucker and rip there manhood out..... dang it I hate a freaking thief....!

Map
.wee.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That's very cool of this guy and you too for replacing the stolen bike... Man I can't believe how people can stoop low enough to just walk up and rip something off from someone's driveway like that...
Something like that happened to me a few years ago, I was cleaning out my garage, went inside to get a drink and came back out... and just that quick someone ripped off my shop vac and a leaf blower that was sitting right there in my garage up by the door.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Excellent....

And who ever stole that bike.... I hope they wreck the sucker and rip there manhood out..... dang it I hate a freaking thief....!

Map
.wee.
I agree there... I can't stand theives like that... and at least the guy who ripped off my shop vac got a good dose of karma because my son and step son were using it to clean up after the dog instead of just scooping it up and throwing it out so I just wish I could have seen the guy's face when he opened that thing up... lol

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I agree there... I can't stand theives like that... and at least the guy who ripped off my shop vac got a good dose of karma because my son and step son were using it to clean up after the dog instead of just scooping it up and throwing it out so I just wish I could have seen the guy's face when he opened that thing up... lol
Lol.... that thing was just a high tech pooper scooper...!

I pity the fool who tries to steal from my place... its amazing what you can hook up to be triggered by someone breaking the beam on a laser curtain....lol or just simple trip wires.

Game cameras set in just the right palce do a good job of taking a pic of a prowler also and ifthey were to make it past the door the conversation they will have with Mr. Ruger wont be a pleasant one....

I have worked hard for what I have and dont plan on loosing it to some idiot thats for dang sure..

Map

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yeah... I was pissed at the boys for using the shop vac for a pooper scooper because I fired it up in the garage and the smell was disgusting to say the least... went in the house yelling at them to clean it up so they decie to fill it halfway with water to let it soak so they can clean it easier... Now I'm more pissed, but I rolled it out close to the door and was going back in to get a drink and get the boys to dump that trhing out in the back yard way away from the house and then when I went back out to the garage to point out the nasty shop vac I noticed it wasn't there... checked beside the house... not there either... asked them both if one of them moved it and they both don't know anything... Then I notice my leaf blower is also missing and look around for it but knew I left it right by the door because I was using it earlier.
Anyway, as mad as I was at the boys for doing that to my shop vac, I had to laugh when I thought of some poor fool running up to grab it, taking it anyway because it was heavy and just thinking they probably got some of the water sloshed out onto them trying to carry it off, then to open it up or hope they got it all over inside their car or their truck bed.... But yeah... they got what they deserved ripping that one off...

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
Glad to hear the story will have a good conclusion. Very nice of everyone to pitch in.

No mercy for the lowly scum who would do such a thing.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Well here's the donated bike.
It's a Jeep renegade and is in fairly decent shape.
The engine turns over and has comp and spark, the chain tensioner is missing, and it came with a set of alloy rims but I'll have to scrounge tires and tubes after I swap the sprocket from the taco'd steel rim.

It needs a set of front vbrakes but I have several in the parts bin. I'll hopefully find a parts bike to scrounge all the details from.
The biggest issue is the tensioner as I do not have one atm.
I do however have several skateboard wheels on the pile so I may just fab one.

I'm extremely happy to have this wonderful gentleman back on the road due to a stranger's compassion. It warms the cockles of my little black heart.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Sounds like you will have that bike up and running in no time....

Thank God we still have some decent people left in this country that care about more than just themselves.

Best wishes my friend

Map
.wee.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Looked my bag of leftover 'treasures'....guess I'd already sent my old tensioner to a better home.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here in Oak Ridge we have about as many cops as we have residents. So the crime is very low here. Even though my bike is the most recognizable bike here I always lock it up even if its in my yard whenever the bike is left unattended. We once had a legally blind man get his tadpole recumbent stolen because he didn't lock it up while he went in to a book store.